1986-1991 Graduate Student with Dr. Simon Kwok, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1991-1996 Postdoctoral Fellow with Dr. Joseph Besharse, Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1996-1997 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center
1997-2003 Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2003-2007 Associate Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2007-2009 Professor, Department of Biology, University of Virginia
2009-present Professor, Department of Neuroscience, UT Southwestern
- Southwest Missouri State Unive (1984), Biology
- Graduate School
- Southwest Missouri State Unive (1986), Biology
- Graduate School
- University of Kansas Medical C (1991), Biochemistry
- Circadian control of metabolism
- Molecular mechanisms of circadian rhythmicity
- Post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms
- Importance of circadian timing for aging and longevity.
- Acosta-Rodríguez VA, Rijo-Ferreira F, Green CB, Takahashi JS, Nat Commun 2021 05 12 1 2862
- Spatiotemporal regulation of NADP(H) phosphatase Nocturnin and its role in oxidative stress response.
- Laothamatas I, Gao P, Wickramaratne A, Quintanilla CG, Dino A, Khan CA, Liou J, Green CB, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2020 01 117 2 993-999
- Periodicity, repression, and the molecular architecture of the mammalian circadian clock.
- Rosensweig C, Green CB Eur. J. Neurosci. 2018 Nov
- An evolutionary hotspot defines functional differences between CRYPTOCHROMES.
- Rosensweig C, Reynolds KA, Gao P, Laothamatas I, Shan Y, Ranganathan R, Takahashi JS, Green CB Nat Commun 2018 Mar 9 1 1138
- Temporal Control of Metabolic Amplitude by Nocturnin.
- Stubblefield JJ, Gao P, Kilaru G, Mukadam B, Terrien J, Green CB Cell Rep 2018 Jan 22 5 1225-1235
- Mice under Caloric Restriction Self-Impose a Temporal Restriction of Food Intake as Revealed by an Automated Feeder System.
- Acosta-Rodríguez VA, de Groot MHM, Rijo-Ferreira F, Green CB, Takahashi JS Cell Metab. 2017 Jul 26 1 267-277.e2
- Molecular assembly of the period-cryptochrome circadian transcriptional repressor complex.
- Nangle SN, Rosensweig C, Koike N, Tei H, Takahashi JS, Green CB, Zheng N Elife 2014 Aug e03674
- Phosphorylation of the Cryptochrome 1 C-terminal tail regulates circadian period length.
- Gao P, Yoo SH, Lee KJ, Rosensweig C, Takahashi JS, Chen BP, Green CB J. Biol. Chem. 2013 Oct
- Kiss your tail goodbye: The role of PARN, Nocturnin, and Angel deadenylases in mRNA biology.
- Godwin AR, Kojima S, Green CB, Wilusz J Biochim. Biophys. Acta 2012 Dec
- Circadian control of mRNA polyadenylation dynamics regulates rhythmic protein expression.
- Kojima S, Sher-Chen EL, Green CB Genes Dev. 2012 Dec 26 24 2724-36
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Karl Kirchgessner Foundation Research Award
- C.J. Herrick Award
Presented by The Anatomy Society for ?Outstanding Young Investigator in Comparative Neurology (1990)
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Biological Rhythms