Jessica Voit, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Jessica Voit, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of the Division of Geriatric Medicine.
Dr. Voit earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where she served an additional year as a Chief Medical Resident. She then completed andvanced training through a fellowship in geriatric medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Voit is pioneering a collaborative Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) which, in addition to improving the care of hospitalized older adults, will help educate trainees across the professional spectrum about the hazards of hospitalization of the elderly and the importance of preventing and recognizing delirium. She is passionate about optimizing the trainee learning experience, serving patients in Geriatric Medicine, and promoting interprofessional development.
Dr. Voit is a member of several professional societies, including the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, the American College of Physicians, and the American Geriatrics Society.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Voit enjoys spending time with her family, spending time outdoors at state and national parks, baking, and watching University of Michigan football.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- University of Michigan School of Medicine (2014), Internal Medicine
- University of Michigan School of Medicine (2016), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- University of Michigan School of Medicine (2017), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Geriatric Medicine
- Improving Care of Hospitalized Older Adults
- Optimizing Trainee Learning Experience
- Utilization of Primary Care Physicians by Medical Residents: A Survey-based Study
- Whelan, K; Levy, K; Voit, J; Razon, A; Chopra, V Journal of Clinical Outcomes Management 2018 September 2018
- Examining the July Effect: A National Survey of Academic Leaders in Medicine.
- Levy K, Voit J, Gupta A, Petrilli CM, Chopra V, Am. J. Med. 2016 07 129 7 754.e1-5
Honors & Awards
- Token of Appreciation from Medical Students Award
UT Southwestern (2018)
- Bronze Beeper Award
Unversity of Michigan (2016)
- Making a Difference Award
University of Michigan (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honor Society)
UT Southwestern (2013)
- American Geriatrics Society (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honor Society) (2013)