Dr. Carrick is a Professor in the Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology. She is a graduate of Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL and of University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed her residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Parkland Health and Hospital System/UTSW and joined the faculty at UTSW in 2000. Dr. Carrick has a special interest in Gynecologic Pathology, and practices both Gynecologic Pathology and Gynecologic/Nongynecologic Cytology. She is Team Leader of the UTSW Cytopathology Team, Associate Director of the UTSW Gynecologic Pathology Team, Medical Director of the Parkland Health and Hospital System Cytopathology Laboratory, an active member of NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (serving on both the Pathology and Uterine Corpus Committees), and the current Chair of the UTSW Medical Center Clinical Laboratories Best Practices/Peer Review Committee. Dr. Carrick's research interests focus currently around anatomy and histology of the female genital tract and clinical applications to pelvic and vulvar surgery.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1996), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Optimal location and orientation of suture placement in abdominal sacrocolpopexy.
- White AB, Carrick KS, Corton MM, McIntire DD, Word RA, Rahn DD, Wai CY Obstet Gynecol 2009 May 113 5 1098-103
- Virilization persists in a woman with an androgen-secreting granulosa cell tumor.
- Patel SS, Carrick KS, Carr BR Fertil. Steril. 2009 Mar 91 3 933.e13-5
- Dynamics of cervical remodeling during pregnancy and parturition: mechanisms and current concepts.
- Word RA, Li XH, Hnat M, Carrick K Semin. Reprod. Med. 2007 Jan 25 1 69-79
- Retrospective cohort study of surgical staging for ovarian low malignant potential tumors.
- Wingo SN, Knowles LM, Carrick KS, Miller DS, Schorge JO Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2006 May 194 5 e20-2
- Giant cell arteritis of the female genital tract: report of a case and review of the literature.
- Patel RK, Carrick K South. Med. J. 2005 Apr 98 4 469-71
- Serous tumor of low malignant potential arising in inguinal endosalpingiosis: report of a case.
- Carrick KS, Milvenan JS, Albores-Saavedra J Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2003 Oct 22 4 412-5
Secondary Tumors of the Ovary, pp 323-366. In Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology, Volume 2
Carrick K, Zheng W (2019). Springer
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL (1995)
- NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (2009-2019)
- College of American Pathologists
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology