Dr. Carrick is a Professor in the Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology. She is a graduate of Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL and of University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed her residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Parkland Health and Hospital System/UTSW and joined the faculty at UTSW in 2000. Dr. Carrick has a special interest in Gynecologic Pathology, and practices both Gynecologic Pathology and Gynecologic/Nongynecologic Cytology. She is Associate Director of the UTSW Gynecologic Pathology Team, an active member of NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (serving on both the Pathology and Uterine Corpus Committees), and is the current Chair of the UTSW Medical Center Clinical Laboratories Best Practices/Peer Review Committee. Dr. Carrick's research interests focus currently around anatomy and histology of the female genital tract and clinical applications to pelvic and vulvar surgery.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1996), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Serous tumor of low malignant potential arising in inguinal endosalpingiosis: report of a case.
- Carrick KS, Milvenan JS, Albores-Saavedra J Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2003 Oct 22 4 412-5
- Gross and Histologic Relationships of the Retropubic Urethra to Lateral Pelvic Sidewall and Anterior Vaginal Wall in Female Cadavers: Clinical Applications to Retropubic Surgery.
- Hamner JJ, Carrick KS, Ramirez DMO, Corton MM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Sep
- Pelvic lymphangioleiomyomatosis diagnosed by FNA of cyst fluid.
- Gokaslan ST, Carrick KS Cytopathology 2017 Dec
- Anatomic relationships of the pelvic autonomic nervous system in female cadavers: clinical applications to pelvic surgery.
- Ripperda CM, Jackson LA, Phelan JN, Carrick KS, Corton MM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016 Dec
- Distance From Cervicovaginal Junction to Anterior Peritoneal Reflection Measured During Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Hamid CA, Carrick KS, Montoya TI, Schaffer JI, Corton MM Obstet Gynecol 2016 Oct 128 4 863-7
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL (1995)
- NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (2009-2019)
- College of American Pathologists
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology