Dr. Carrick is a Professor in the Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology. She is a graduate of Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL and of University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed her residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Parkland Health and Hospital System/UTSW and joined the faculty at UTSW in 2000. Dr. Carrick has a special interest in Gynecologic Pathology, and practices both Gynecologic Pathology and Gynecologic/Nongynecologic Cytology. She is Team Leader of the UTSW Cytopathology Team, Associate Director of the UTSW Gynecologic Pathology Team, Medical Director of the Parkland Health and Hospital System Cytopathology Laboratory, an active member of NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (serving on both the Pathology and Uterine Corpus Committees), and the current Chair of the UTSW Medical Center Clinical Laboratories Best Practices/Peer Review Committee. Dr. Carrick's research interests focus around anatomy and histology of the female genital tract with clinical applications to pelvic and vulvar surgery, and varied topics of current interest in Gynecologic Pathology and Cytopathology.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1996), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Specific Biomarker Expression Patterns in the Diagnosis of Residual and Recurrent Endometrial Precancers After Progestin Treatment: A Longitudinal Study.
- Chen H, Lucas E, Strickland AL, Carrick K, Gwin K, Castrillon DH, Rivera-Colon G, Niu S, Molberg KH, Zheng W, Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2020 Oct 44 10 1429-1439
- PD-L1 Expression and CD8+ Tumor-infiltrating Lymphocytes in Different Types of Tubo-Ovarian Carcinoma and Their Prognostic Value in High-grade Serous Carcinoma.
- Chen H, Molberg K, Strickland AL, Castrillon DH, Carrick K, Jiang Q, Niu S, Rivera-Colon G, Gwin K, Hinson S, Lea J, Miller DS, Zheng W, Lucas E, Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2020 May
- Cervical Adenocarcinoma: Histopathologic Features From Biopsies to Predict Tumor Behavior.
- Rivera-Colon G, Chen H, Niu S, Lucas E, Holloway S, Carrick K, Gwin K, Lea J, Zheng W, Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2020 Feb 44 2 247-254
- Anatomy, Histology, and Nerve Density of Clitoris and Associated Structures: Clinical Applications to Vulvar Surgery.
- Jackson LA, Hare AM, Carrick KS, Ramirez DMO, Hamner JJ, Corton MM, Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2019 Jun
- Gross and Histologic Relationships of the Retropubic Urethra to Lateral Pelvic Sidewall and Anterior Vaginal Wall in Female Cadavers: Clinical Applications to Retropubic Surgery.
- Hamner JJ, Carrick KS, Ramirez DMO, Corton MM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Sep
- Pelvic lymphangioleiomyomatosis diagnosed by FNA of cyst fluid.
- Gokaslan ST, Carrick KS Cytopathology 2017 Dec
- Anatomic relationships of the pelvic autonomic nervous system in female cadavers: clinical applications to pelvic surgery.
- Ripperda CM, Jackson LA, Phelan JN, Carrick KS, Corton MM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016 Dec
- Distance From Cervicovaginal Junction to Anterior Peritoneal Reflection Measured During Vaginal Hysterectomy.
- Balgobin S, Hamid CA, Carrick KS, Montoya TI, Schaffer JI, Corton MM Obstet Gynecol 2016 Oct 128 4 863-7
- Expression and activation of the membrane-cytoskeleton protein ezrin during the normal endometrial cycle.
- Tan O, Ornek T, Fadiel A, Carrick KS, Arici A, Doody K, Carr BR, Naftolin F Fertil. Steril. 2012 Jan 97 1 192-9.e2
- Correlation of cone biopsy with findings at radical hysterectomy and use of adjuvant radiation therapy.
- Boren TP, Carrick K, Kehoe SM, Lea J, Miller DS, Richardson DL Gynecol. Oncol. 2011 Nov
Secondary Tumors of the Ovary, pp 323-366. In Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology, Volume 2
Carrick K, Zheng W (2019). Springer
Director of Surgical Pathology Images. In Williams Gynecology, 4th Edition
Hoffman BL, Schorge JO, Halvorson LM, et al (eds) (2020). New York, McGraw-Hill
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL (1995)
- NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (2009-2019)
- College of American Pathologists
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology