Dr. Carrick is a Professor in the Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology. She is a graduate of Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL and of University of South Florida College of Medicine in Tampa, FL. She completed her residency training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Parkland Health and Hospital System/UTSW and joined the faculty at UTSW in 2000. Dr. Carrick has a special interest in Gynecologic Pathology, and practices both Gynecologic Pathology and Gynecologic/Nongynecologic Cytology. She is Team Leader of the UTSW Cytopathology Team, Associate Director of the UTSW Gynecologic Pathology Team, Medical Director of the Parkland Health Cytopathology Laboratory, and an active member of NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (serving on both the Pathology and Uterine Corpus Committees). Dr. Carrick's research interests focus around anatomy and histology of the female genital tract with clinical applications to pelvic and vulvar surgery, and varied topics of current interest in Gynecologic Pathology and Cytopathology.
- Medical School
- University of South Florida College of Medicine (1995)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1996), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2000), Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Morules but Not Squamous Differentiation are a Reliable Indicator of CTNNB1 (?-catenin) Mutations in Endometrial Carcinoma and Precancers.
- Niu S, Lucas E, Molberg K, Strickland A, Wang Y, Carrick K, Rivera-Colon G, Gwin K, SoRelle JA, Castrillon DH, Zheng W, Chen H, Am J Surg Pathol 2022 Jul
- Prevalence and prognostic significance of PD-L1, TIM-3 and B7-H3 expression in endometrial serous carcinoma.
- Chen H, Molberg K, Carrick K, Niu S, Rivera Colon G, Gwin K, Lewis C, Zheng W, Castrillon DH, Lucas E, Mod Pathol 2022 Jul
- Low grade endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinoma: A review and update with emphasis on morphologic variants, mimics, immunohistochemical and molecular features.
- Lucas E, Carrick KS, Semin Diagn Pathol 2022 May 39 3 159-175
- Reliable Identification of Endometrial Precancers Through Combined Pax2, ?-Catenin, and Pten Immunohistochemistry.
- Aguilar M, Chen H, Rivera-Colon G, Niu S, Carrick K, Gwin K, Cuevas IC, Sahoo SS, Li HD, Zhang S, Zheng W, Lucas E, Castrillon DH, Am J Surg Pathol 2021 Sep
- Significance of Oil-Red-O positive macrophages in bronchoalveolar lavage in diagnosing E-cigarettes or vaping product use-associated lung injury: A case series.
- Niu S, Colon GR, Molberg K, Chen H, Carrick K, Yan S, Sarode V, Lucas E, Diagn Cytopathol 2021 Jul 49 7 876-884
- Rare Complete Hydatidiform Mole With p57 Expression in Villous Mesenchyme: Case Report and Review of Discordant p57 Expression in Hydatidiform Moles.
- Murphy KM, Carrick K, Gwin K, Rogers V, Koduru P, Ronnett BM, Castrillon DH, Int J Gynecol Pathol 2021 Apr
- A Surgical Window Trial Evaluating Medroxyprogesterone Acetate with or without Entinostat in Patients with Endometrial Cancer and Validation of Biomarkers of Cellular Response.
- Duska LR, Filiaci VL, Walker JL, Holman LL, Hill EK, Moore RG, Ring KL, Pearl ML, Muller CY, Kushnir CL, Lankes HA, Samuelson MI, Carrick KS, Rajan A, Rodgers WH, Kohn EC, Piekarz R, Leslie KK, Clin Cancer Res 2021 Mar
- PD-L1 Expression in Endocervical Adenocarcinoma: Correlation With Patterns of Tumor Invasion, CD8+ Tumor-infiltrating Lymphocytes, and Clinical Outcomes.
- Rivera-Colon G, Chen H, Molberg K, Niu S, Strickland AL, Castrillon DH, Carrick K, Gwin K, Lea J, Zheng W, Lucas E, Am J Surg Pathol 2020 Dec
- Specific Biomarker Expression Patterns in the Diagnosis of Residual and Recurrent Endometrial Precancers After Progestin Treatment: A Longitudinal Study.
- Chen H, Lucas E, Strickland AL, Carrick K, Gwin K, Castrillon DH, Rivera-Colon G, Niu S, Molberg KH, Zheng W, Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2020 Oct 44 10 1429-1439
- PD-L1 Expression and CD8+ Tumor-infiltrating Lymphocytes in Different Types of Tubo-Ovarian Carcinoma and Their Prognostic Value in High-grade Serous Carcinoma.
- Chen H, Molberg K, Strickland AL, Castrillon DH, Carrick K, Jiang Q, Niu S, Rivera-Colon G, Gwin K, Hinson S, Lea J, Miller DS, Zheng W, Lucas E, Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2020 May
Secondary Tumors of the Ovary, pp 323-366. In Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology, Volume 2
Carrick K, Zheng W (2019). Springer
Director of Surgical Pathology Images. In Williams Gynecology, 4th Edition
Hoffman BL, Schorge JO, Halvorson LM, et al (eds) (2020). New York, McGraw-Hill
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL (1995)
- College of American Pathologists
- NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) (2009-2023)
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology