- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (2000)
- Case Western Reserve/MetroHealth Medical Center (2001), Internal Medicine
- Case Western Reserve/MetroHealth Medical Center (2003), Internal Medicine
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Brown University (2006)
- Research Fellowship
- Brown University (2006), Health Services Research
- Brown University (2006), Geriatric Medicine
- Racial and ethnic disparities in elderly persons, long term care, and end of life care
- Barriers to End-of-Life Care for African Americans From the Providers' Perspective: Opportunity for Intervention Development.
- Rhodes RL, Batchelor K, Lee SC, Halm EA Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2013 Oct
- An Examination of End-of-Life Care in a Safety Net Hospital System: A Decade in Review.
- Rhodes RL, Xuan L, Paulk ME, Stieglitz H, Halm EA J Health Care Poor Underserved 2013 24 4 1666-75
- Communication about Advance Directives and End-of-Life Care Options among Internal Medicine Residents
- Rhodes RL, Tindall K, Xuan L, Halm EA American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine 2013
- Does feeding tube insertion and its timing improve survival?
- Teno JM, Gozalo PL, Mitchell SL, Kuo S, Rhodes RL, Bynum JP, Mor V J Am Geriatr Soc 2012 Oct 60 10 1918-21
- African American bereaved family members' perceptions of hospice quality: do hospices with high proportions of African Americans do better?
- Rhodes RL, Xuan L, Halm EA J Palliat Med 2012 Oct 15 10 1137-41
- Decision-making and outcomes of feeding tube insertion: a five-state study.
- Teno JM, Mitchell SL, Kuo SK, Gozalo PL, Rhodes RL, Lima JC, Mor V J Am Geriatr Soc 2011 May 59 5 881-6
- Comfort feeding only: a proposal to bring clarity to decision-making regarding difficulty with eating for persons with advanced dementia.
- Palecek EJ, Teno JM, Casarett DJ, Hanson LC, Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL J Am Geriatr Soc 2010 Mar 58 3 580-4
- What’s Race Got to Do With It?
- Rhodes R, Teno JM Journal of Clinical Oncology 2009 27 33
- The Natural History of Feeding Tube Use in Nursing Home Residents with Advanced Dementia
- Kuo S, Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL, Mor V, Teno JM Journal of the American Medical Directors Association 2009 10 264-270
- Bereaved Family Members’ Evaluation of Hospice Care: What Factors Influence Overall Satisfaction with Services?
- Rhodes RL, Mitchell SL, Miller SC, Connor SR Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 2008 35 365-371
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (FAAHPM)
- American Geriatrics Society Fellow (AGSF)
American Geriatrics Society (2013)
- LEAD (Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments) Program for Junior Faculty Physicians and Scientists
Inaugural Cohort of Faculty Leadership Training Program (2013)
- Outstanding Committee Service Award
American Geriatrics Society Ethics Committee (2013)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Early Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar Participant
Nominated by the UT Southwestern Office Faculty Diversity and Development (2012)
- New Investigator Award
American Geriatrics Society (2010)
- Haffenreffer Fellowship Excellence Award
Rhode Island Hospital Graduate Medical Education Department (2006)
- James R. and Susan G. Carter Humanitarian Award
MetroHealth Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine (2003)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Geriatrics Society
- National Medical Association