I am interested in cardiac metabolism during periods of stress. I have clinical interests in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and coronary artery disease/angioplasty.
- Medical School
- University of California, San Francisco (2001)
- Duke University Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center (2008), Cardiology
- Duke University Medical Center (2009), Interventional Cardiology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Duke University Medical Center (2009)
- Myocardial ischemia induced by rapid atrial pacing causes troponin T release detectable by a highly sensitive assay: insights from a coronary sinus sampling study.
- Turer AT, Addo TA, Martin JL, Sabatine MS, Lewis GD, Gerszten RE, Keeley EC, Cigarroa JE, Lange RA, Hillis LD, de Lemos JA J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2011 Jun 57 24 2398-405
- Anatomic and clinical correlates of septal morphology in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Turer AT, Samad Z, Valente AM, Parker MA, Hayes B, Kim RJ, Kisslo J, Wang A Eur J Echocardiogr 2011 Feb 12 2 131-9
- Energetics and metabolism in the failing heart: important but poorly understood.
- Turer AT, Malloy CR, Newgard CB, Podgoreanu MV Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2010 Jul 13 4 458-65
- Metabolomic profiling reveals distinct patterns of myocardial substrate use in humans with coronary artery disease or left ventricular dysfunction during surgical ischemia/reperfusion.
- Turer AT, Stevens RD, Bain JR, Muehlbauer MJ, van der Westhuizen J, Mathew JP, Schwinn DA, Glower DD, Newgard CB, Podgoreanu MV. Circulation April 2009 119(13) 1736-46
- Adiponectin: mechanistic insights and clinical implications.
- Turer AT, Scherer PE Diabetologia 2012 Jun
- Adiponectin as an independent predictor of the presence and degree of hepatic steatosis in the dallas heart study.
- Turer AT, Browning JD, Ayers CR, Das SR, Khera A, Vega GL, Grundy SM, Scherer PE J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012 Jun 97 6 E982-6
- Correlations between physician-perceived functional status, patient-perceived health status, and cardiopulmonary exercise results in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Huff CM, Turer AT, Wang A Quality of life research : an international journal of quality of life aspects of treatment, care and rehabilitation 2012 Apr
- Pathogenesis of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury and rationale for therapy.
- Turer AT, Hill JA Am. J. Cardiol. 2010 Aug 106 3 360-8
- Continuous versus bolus dosing of Furosemide for patients hospitalized for heart failure.
- Allen LA, Turer AT, Dewald T, Stough WG, Cotter G, O'Connor CM Am. J. Cardiol. 2010 Jun 105 12 1794-7
- Influence of body mass index on the efficacy of revascularization in patients with coronary artery disease.
- Turer AT, Mahaffey KW, Honeycutt E, Tuttle RH, Shaw LK, Sketch MH Jr, Smith PK, Califf RM, Alexander JH. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg June 2009 137(6) 1468-74
Honors & Awards
- L. David Hillis Teaching Award
- American College of Cardiology Young Investigator Award- 2nd Place
- Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention/Cordis Fellowship Program Grant
- AHA Laennec Young Clinician Award Finalist
- American Heart Association- Council of Functional Genomics and Translational Biology (2012)
- American Heart Association- Council of Clinical Cardiology (2005)
- American College of Cardiology (2004)