Adam Yopp, M.D., specializes in surgeries for cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas, stomach, and bile duct. He is the Surgical Director of the Liver Tumor Program at UT Southwestern. In addition, he is the Director of the Tissue Specimen Resource at Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center.
A Wisconsin native, Dr. Yopp brings both extensive clinical and research training to UT Southwestern. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and earned his medical degree at St. George’s University. Following completion of a general surgery residency at Maimonides Medical Center in New York he received advanced training in hepatopancreatobiliary malignancies as a surgical oncology fellow at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Medical School
- St. George's University School of Medicine, Grenada (2000)
- Maimonides Medical Center (2007), Surgery
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute (2009), Surgical Oncology
- Developing novel biomarkers for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with upper gastrointestinal malignancies especially hepatocellular carcinoma and pancreatic cancer.
- Antiangiogenic therapy for primary liver cancer: correlation of changes in dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging with tissue hypoxia markers and clinical response.
- Yopp AC, Schwartz LH, Kemeny N, Gultekin DH, Gönen M, Bamboat Z, Shia J, Haviland D, D'Angelica MI, Fong Y, Dematteo RP, Allen PJ, Jarnagin WR Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2011 Aug 18 8 2192-9
- CXCR4 Expression Predicts Patient Outcome and Recurrence Patterns after Hepatic Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastases.
- Yopp AC, Shia J, Butte JM, Allen PJ, Fong Y, Jarnagin WR, Dematteo RP, D'Angelica MI Annals of surgical oncology 2011 May
- Invasive carcinoma arising in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: a matched control study with conventional pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
- Yopp AC, Katabi N, Janakos M, Klimstra DS, D'Angelica MI, DeMatteo RP, Fong Y, Brennan MF, Jarnagin WR, Allen PJ Ann. Surg. 2011 May 253 5 968-74
- Prognosis of invasive intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas.
- Yopp AC, Allen PJ World J Gastrointest Surg 2010 Oct 2 10 359-62
- Randomized clinical trials in surgical oncology. Preface.
- Yopp AC, DeMatteo RP Surg. Oncol. Clin. N. Am. 2010 Jan 19 1 xv-xvii
- Randomized clinical trials in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Yopp AC, Jarnagin WR Surg. Oncol. Clin. N. Am. 2010 Jan 19 1 151-62
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: rising frequency, improved survival, and determinants of outcome after resection.
- Endo I, Gonen M, Yopp AC, Dalal KM, Zhou Q, Klimstra D, D'Angelica M, DeMatteo RP, Fong Y, Schwartz L, Kemeny N, O'Reilly E, Abou-Alfa GK, Shimada H, Blumgart LH, Jarnagin WR Ann. Surg. 2008 Jul 248 1 84-96
- Cystic duct biliary adenoma.
- Yopp AC, Pulipati R, Chorost MI, Horovitz JH Surgery 2008 Jan 143 1 150-1
- Tracheal stenting of iatrogenic tracheal injury: a novel management approach.
- Yopp AC, Eckstein JG, Savel RH, Abrol S Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2007 May 83 5 1897-9
- Cardiac valve papillary fibroelastoma: surgical excision for revealed or potential embolization.
- Yopp AC, Vaynblat M, Cunningham JN, Lazzaro RS J Card Surg 2007 Jan-Feb 22 1 72-3
- American College of Surgeons
- American Hepatopancreatobiliary Association
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Society of Surgical Oncology