Mary Camp, M.D.
Endowed Title Jake Tobolowsky Professorship in Psychiatry, in Memory of Helen B. Tobolowsky and in Honor of Dr. David M. Tobolowsky
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Mary (“Molly”) Camp, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in geriatric mental health and cognitive and memory disorders. Dr. Camp earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She completed residency training in psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine and UT Southwestern and then received advanced training in geriatric psychiatry through a fellowship at UT Southwestern. Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry and geriatric psychiatry, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2012.
Dr. Camp is the Director of the Neurocognitive and Geriatric Psychiatry Program in the UT Southwestern Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic. She is also the Associate Program Director of the combined Psychiatry and Neurology Residency Program. She serves on the teaching and training committee for the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry and on the fellowship award committee and workshop selection committee for the Association for Academic Psychiatry.
Dr. Camp has delivered several dozen presentations and published a variety of academic articles and book chapters on geriatric psychiatry and medical education. She is also a reviewer for the journals Medical Education and Academic Psychiatry. Dr. Camp is a member of several professional organizations, including the Dallas County Medical Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training.
Dr. Camp earned an Early Career Development Award in 2014 from the Association for Academic Psychiatry, and in 2016, she received an Outstanding Clinical Educator award from UTSW’s Southwestern Academy of Teachers. She received the 2020-21 Faculty Innovation in Education Award from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for her project "Neurocognitive Psychiatry: A Study of Current Practices and Development of a Simulation Based Curriculum."
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2008), Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine (2009), General Psychiatry
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), General Psychiatry
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Geriatric Psychiatry
- "He Bore it Like a Scarlet Letter": Medical Student Reflections on Substance Use Disorders.
- Clark T, Camp ME, Sadler JZ, Acad Psychiatry 2020 Feb
- Living in the Now : Happiness Is a Choice You Make: Lessons from a Year Among the Oldest Old. By John Leland; Sarah Crichton Books; New York, New York; 2018; ISBN 9780374168186; pp. 242; $26.00 (Hardback).
- Duong K, Camp ME, Acad Psychiatry 2019 Aug
- Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Primer for Residents.
- Thomas NA, Van Enkevort E, Garrett RK, Camp MME, Acad Psychiatry 2019 Jun
- Addicts and Admits: Metonymy in Medical Students' Reflective Writing.
- Camp ME, Cole AG, Sadler JZ, Teach Learn Med 2019 May 1-11
- Moral distress in medical student reflective writing.
- Camp M, Sadler J AJOB Empir Bioeth 2019 Feb 1-9
- Incorporating Critical Reflection Activities into Psychiatry Education.
- Baker SE, Escamilla K, Ngo SH, Camp ME Acad Psychiatry 2018 Sep
- What Advisors Want from Advisees: A Survey Within One Academic Psychiatry Department.
- Camp ME, Howe-Martin L Acad Psychiatry 2017 Oct
- Medical student reflections on geriatrics: moral distress, empathy, ethics and end of life.
- Camp ME, Jeon-Slaughter H, Johnson AE, Sadler JZ Gerontol Geriatr Educ 2017 Oct
- Religion and spirituality in psychiatric practice.
- Camp ME Curr Opin Psychiatry 2011 Nov 24 6 507-13
- Older adults' preferences for religion/spirituality in treatment for anxiety and depression.
- Stanley MA, Bush AL, Camp ME, Jameson JP, Phillips LL, Barber CR, Zeno D, Lomax JW, Cully JA Aging Ment Health 2011 Apr 15 3 334-43
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine Best Doctors
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Faculty Innovation in Education Award
- Outstanding Clinical Educator, University of Texas Southwestern, Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT)
- Early Career Development Award, Association for Academic Psychiatry
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry (2010)
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training (2017)
- Association for Academic Psychiatry (2010)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2018)