Rachna Goswami, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in palliative medicine, providing holistic, patient-centered care to individuals and families facing serous illness.
Dr. Goswami holds a bachelor's degree in neuroscience from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She then obtained a graduate certificate in health information technology from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. She completed her medical degree at Northwestern University, where she also received a master's degree in public health. She then completed internal medicine residency training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, where she served as Chief Resident in Quality and Safety.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022, she completed advanced training in hospice and palliative medicine through a fellowship program at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
She is certified in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Goswami's research interests include palliative care, quality improvement, and clinical ethics.
- Medical School
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2017)
- Graduate School
- Northwestern University (2017), Public Health
- Baylor College of Medicine (2020), Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident
- Baylor College of Medicine (2021), Internal Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center (2022), Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Clinical Ethics
- Palliative Care
- Quality Improvement
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- American Geriatrics Society