Dr. Harry Kim is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon and the director of the Center for Excellence in Hip at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. He is a professor in the department of orthopaedic surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Kim graduated from Marianopolis College in Montreal, Quebec with a diploma of collegial studies. He received his medical degree from McGill University and his masters from the University of Toronto. His clinical and research interests are focused on pediatric hip conditions, with an emphasis in Perthes disease.
- Medical School
- Mcgill University - Canada (1988), Medicine
- Avascular necrosis
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
- Pediatric Hip Conditions
- Perthes Disease
- The potential for regeneration of articular cartilage in defects created by chondral shaving and subchondral abrasion. An experimental investigation in rabbits.
- Kim HK, Moran ME, Salter RB, J Bone Joint Surg Am 1991 Oct 73 9 1301-15
- How are adults who had Perthes' disease functioning? : results of over 900 participants from an international web-based survey.
- Kim HKW, Almakias R, Millis MB, Vakulenko-Lagun B, Bone Joint J 2022 Dec 104-B 12 1304-1312
- Ex vivo study of detergent-assisted intraosseous bone wash treatment of osteonecrosis.
- Andre G, Boschetto F, Gokani V, Singhal M, Jing Y, Kim HKW, Ma C, J Orthop Res 2022 Dec
- Do Weightbearing Restrictions Cause Excess Weight Gain in Children With LEGG-Calve-Perthes Disease?
- Novotny SA, Hailer YD, Laine JC, Wetzel M, Gillespie SE, Gilbert SR, Goldstein RY, Kim HKW, Schrader T, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Sep
- Quantitative T2 and T1? mapping are sensitive to ischemic injury to the epiphyseal cartilage in an in vivo piglet model of Legg-Calve-Perthes disease.
- Armstrong AR, Bhave S, Buko EO, Chase KL, Tóth F, Carlson CS, Ellermann JM, Kim HKW, Johnson CP, Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2022 May
- The Clinical Significance of Infolded Limbus on Postreduction Arthrogram in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip.
- Morris WZ, Chilakapati S, Hinds SA, Herring JA, Kim HKW, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Feb
- Does the Deformity Index Reliably Predict the Shape of the Femoral Head at Healing of Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease?
- Shah H, Singh KA, Swarup I, Morris W, Kim HKW, Joseph B, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Feb 42 2 e163-e167
- Interobserver and Intraobserver Reliability in the Salter Classification of Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip.
- Schaeffer EK, Ponton E, Sankar WN, Kim HKW, Kelley SP, Cundy PJ, Price CT, Clarke NMP, Wedge JH, Mulpuri K, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Jan 42 1 e59-e64
- The Role of the Artery of Ligamentum Teres in Revascularization in Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.
- Morris WZ, Valencia AA, McGuire MF, Kim HKW, J Pediatr Orthop 2022 Jan
- Moderate Weightbearing Restrictions Are Associated with Worse Depressive Symptoms and Anxiety in Children Aged 5 to 7 Years with Perthes Disease.
- Do DH, Valencia AA, Jo CH, Kim HKW, Clin Orthop Relat Res 2021 Oct
Honors & Awards
- Arthur Huene Memorial Award for Excellence and Promise in Pediatric Ortohpaedics, POSNA
- Eight Best Basic Scientific Paper Awards from POSNA
- New Investigator Recognition Award, ORS
- Nominated for Best Clinical Paper Awards (three times) from POSNA
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation Career Development Award
- St. Giles Young Investigator Award, POSNA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- International Perthes Study Group
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America