Dr. Srivastava is a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in the treatment of skin cancer and Mohs Micrographic Surgery. She is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and the Director of Dermatologic Surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Srivastava completed her undergraduate education at Yale University where she graduated cum laude in Biology. She subsequently received her medical degree from the New York University School of Medicine and completed her residency in dermatology at Henry Ford Hospital, where she served as chief resident. She then pursued a fellowship in Procedural Dermatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, where she received advanced training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and cosmetic dermatology. She is dedicated to providing high quality and compassionate care to patients with skin cancer and aging skin.
In addition to her practice, Dr. Srivastava teaches and mentors medical students, residents, and fellows. She has authored textbook chapters and original articles, and speaks at national meetings. She is also an active advocate in healthcare, serving in the House of Delegates in the American Medical Association. She is also a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American College of Mohs Surgery.
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (2005)
- New York University Hospital (2006), Internal Medicine
- Henry Ford Medical Center (2009), Dermatology
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010), Dermatology
- Assessing procedural dermatology skills during residency training
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- High Risk Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Quality and Safety in Office Based Surgery
- The role of radiologic imaging in the treatment of skin cancer
- Incidence of and Risk Factors for Skin Cancer in Organ Transplant Recipients in the United States.
- Garrett GL, Blanc PD, Boscardin J, Lloyd AA, Ahmed RL, Anthony T, Bibee K, Breithaupt A, Cannon J, Chen A, Cheng JY, Chiesa-Fuxench Z, Colegio OR, Curiel-Lewandrowski C, Del Guzzo CA, Disse M, Dowd M, Eilers R, Ortiz AE, Morris C, Golden SK, Graves MS, Griffin JR, Hopkins RS, Huang CC, Bae GH, Jambusaria A, Jennings TA, Jiang SI, Karia PS, Khetarpal S, Kim C, Klintmalm G, Konicke K, Koyfman SA, Lam C, Lee P, Leitenberger JJ, Loh T, Lowenstein S, Madankumar R, Moreau JF, Nijhawan RI, Ochoa S, Olasz EB, Otchere E, Otley C, Oulton J, Patel PH, Patel VA, Prabhu AV, Pugliano-Mauro M, Schmults CD, Schram S, Shih AF, Shin T, Soon S, Soriano T, Srivastava D, Stein JA, Sternhell-Blackwell K, Taylor S, Vidimos A, Wu P, Zajdel N, Zelac D, Arron ST JAMA Dermatol 2017 Jan
- Safety of Local Intracutaneous Lidocaine Anesthesia Used by Dermatologic Surgeons for Skin Cancer Excision and Postcancer Reconstruction: Quantification of Standard Injection Volumes and Adverse Event Rates.
- Alam M, Schaeffer MR, Geisler A, Poon E, Fosko SW, Srivastava D Dermatol Surg 2016 Dec 42 12 1320-1324
- Patient-Acquired Photographs for the Management of Postoperative Concerns.
- Jeyamohan SR, Moye MS, Srivastava D, Nijhawan RI JAMA Dermatol 2016 Nov
- The role of imaging in the prevention of wrong-site surgery in dermatology.
- Harker DB, Mollet T, Srivastava D, Nijhawan RI Semin Cutan Med Surg 2016 Mar 35 1 9-12
- Excision Margins for Melanoma In Situ on the Head and Neck.
- Felton S, Taylor RS, Srivastava D Dermatol Surg 2016 Feb
- Clinical and Pathologic Factors Predictive of Positive Radiologic Findings in High-Risk Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Marrazzo G, Thorpe R, Condie D, Pinho MC, Srivastava D Dermatol Surg 2015 Oct
- A Survey Comparing Delegation of Cosmetic Procedures Between Dermatologists and Nondermatologists.
- Austin MB, Srivastava D, Bernstein IH, Dover JS Dermatol Surg 2015 Jul 41 7 827-32
- The molecular genetics underlying basal cell carcinoma pathogenesis and links to targeted therapeutics.
- Iwasaki JK, Srivastava D, Moy RL, Lin HJ, Kouba DJ J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2010 Aug
- Safety and efficacy of erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet fractionated laser for treatment of acne scars in type IV to VI skin.
- Mahmoud BH, Srivastava D, Janiga JJ, Yang JJ, Lim HW, Ozog DM Dermatol Surg 2010 May 36 5 602-9
- Treatment of surgical scars with nonablative fractional laser versus pulsed dye laser: a randomized controlled trial.
- Tierney E, Mahmoud BH, Srivastava D, Ozog D, Kouba DJ Dermatol Surg 2009 Aug 35 8 1172-80
Appendageal Tumors. In Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine, Eighth Edition
Srivastava, Divya and Taylor, Stan (2012). New York, McGraw-Hill
Cheek Reconstruction. In Dermatologic Surgery: Step by Step
Srivastava, Divya and Taylor, Stan (2012). London, Wiley-Blackwell
Lidocaine: Strategies, Evidence, and Safety.. In Current Dermatology Reports.
Giordano C, Nelson J, Kohen L, Nijhawan R, Srivastava D. (2015).
Basal Cell Carcinoma. In Dermatology Atlas for Skin of Color
Duong T, Srivastava D (2014). Berlin, Springer-Verlag
Squamous Cell Carcinoma. In Dermatology Atlas for Skin of Color
Thorpe R, Srivastava D (2014). Berlin, Springer-Verlag
Dermatofibromasarcoma Protuberans. In Dermatology Atlas for Skin of Color
Kohli N, Srivastava D, 2014 (2014). Berlin, Springer-Verlag
Melanoma. In Dermatology Atlas for Skin of Color
Currimbhoy S, Srivastava D, 2014 (2014). Berlin, Springer-Verlag
Suturing Material and Epidermal Closure Techniques.. In Surgery of the Skin, Third Edition
Srivastava D and Taylor RS. Suturing Material and Epidermal Closure Techniques. (2013). London, Elsevier
Local and Regional Infiltrated Anesthesia (Excluding Topical Anesthesia. In Evidence-Based Procedural Dermatology, 2nd Edition
Orseth M, Srivastava D. (2017). Springer
Wound Healing and Surgical Planning. In Mohs and Cutaneous Surgery: Maximizing Aesthetic Outcomes
Berlin A, Felton S, Burnett C, Srivastava D (2015). Boca Raton, CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Presidential Citation, American Academy of Dermatology
Distinguished for Service through Advocacy in the AAD (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Howard Hughes Research Grant
- Sigma Xi Research Award
- Dallas County Medical Society (2010)
- Texas Medical Association (2010)
- American College of Mohs Surgery (2009)
- American Academy of Dermatology (2006)
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (2006)
- American Medical Association (2001)