Saima Kayani, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Saima Kayani is a Child Neurologist with additional training in Medical Genetics. Her advanced training helps her better understand the clinical and basic molecular mechanisms of neurogenetic diseases. She is board certified in pediatrics and neurology. Throughout her fellowships at UT Southwestern, she worked seeing complex patients in Child Neurology and Medical Genetics and the Rare Brain Disorders Clinic at Children’s Medical Center, and also scientifically collaborated in the rodent lab to understand the underlying genetic and physiological components of several rare disorders currently under study.
Dr. Kayani is passionate about helping children with rare disorders and finding better ways to treat these children. She is devoted to research, not only the clinical research to understand the natural history of rare disorders but also translational research to bring cutting edge therapies to our patients.
- Medical School
- King Edward Medical University, Pakistan (2002)
- Texas A&M College of Medicine (2009), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Child Neurology
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014), Medical Genetics
- The role of intravenous levetiracetam in management of status epilepticus
- Triheptanoin in glucose trans 1-D mice
- The safety and tolerability of newer antiepileptic drugs in children and adolescents.
- Kayani S, Sirsi D J Cent Nerv Syst Dis 2012 4 51-63
- Role of intravenous levetiracetam in acute seizure management of children.
- Kirmani BF, Crisp ED, Kayani S, Rajab H Pediatr. Neurol. 2009 Jul 41 1 37-9
A Neurologic and Psychiatric Gene Map. In Rosenberg R, Pascual J, eds. Rosenberg's Molecular and Genetic Basis of Neurological and Psychiatric Disease. 5th ed.
Kayani SN, Wilson KS, Rosenberg RN. (2014). Academic Press.
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)
- Child Neurology Society (2015)