An Lu, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
An Lu, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine. She focuses on hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) at the UT Southwestern HHT Center of Excellence.
Originally from Vietnam, Dr. Lu holds a bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Texas at Arlington, where she graduated summa cum laude. She received her medical degree at UT Southwestern, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine and gained advanced training through a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine.
Board certified in internal medicine and pulmonary disease, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Lu is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Thoracic Society.
She has delivered several presentations and contributed to research projects studying hypersensitivity pneumonitis, sepsis, and septic shock.
As a first-generation college graduate and physician, she is interested in mentoring and educating medical students, especially minority and economically disadvantaged students, to promote higher education and success in medicine.
In 2016, she received UT Southwestern’s Dr. Richard Mays Smith Award in Internal Medicine, which is bestowed annually to a graduating medical student who excels academically during clinical rotations and exhibits an interest in and compassion for patients.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2022), Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- Great auricular nerve injury, the "subauricular band" phenomenon, and the periauricular adipose compartments.
- Rohrich RJ, Taylor NS, Ahmad J, Lu A, Pessa JE Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2011 Feb 127 2 835-43
Honors & Awards
- Doctor Richard Mays Smith Award in Internal Medicine
UT Southwestern (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Society
UT Southwestern (2015)
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholarship
UT Southwestern (2015)
- STEM Scholar
National Science Foundation (2008-2010)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Thoracic Society