Winnie Wang, M.D.
Program Director, Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Winnie Wang, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of the Palliative Medicine section in the Division of General Internal Medicine. She specializes in palliative medicine and has a strong interest in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows and in the care of minority and underserved patients.
Dr. Wang holds a bachelor's degree in neurobiology from Stanford University in Stanford, California. She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School, and completed internal medicine residency training at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. She then received advanced training in hospice and palliative medicine through a fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
At UTSW, Dr. Wang serves as the Program Director of the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship. She also is the Co-Founder and Chair of the Dallas-Fort Worth Citywide Palliative Care Interest Group.
Additionally, she is a member of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and the Texas Medical Association.
Dr. Wang has a keen interest in the intersection of palliative care and stem cell transplantation, and she has published several academic articles on the subject.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- UC San Diego School of Medicine (2014), Internal Medicine
- UC San Diego School of Medicine (2016), Internal Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (2017), Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Transfusion practices at end of life for hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients.
- Wang WS, Ma JD, Nelson SH, Revta C, Buckholz GT, Mulroney C, Roeland EJ Support Care Cancer 2017 Dec
- Advance Care Planning and Palliative Care Integration for Patients Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem-Cell Transplantation.
- Wang WS, Ma JD, Nelson SH, Revta C, Buckholz GT, Mulroney CM, Roeland EJ J Oncol Pract 2017 Sep 13 9 e721-e728
- Texas Medical Association (2017)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2016)
- American College of Physicians (2013)