Dr. Katherine Maddox is a graduate of Trinity University and UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed an internship and residency in Pediatrics, and a fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Her clinical and research interests relate to caring for children with special healthcare needs and communication skills training. Dr. Maddox has received the Educational Innovation Award for developing communication skills training and the Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas White Hat Award. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and practices in the Complex Care Medical Services Clinic at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas.
- Communication skills training
- Electronic health record usability
- Shared decision making
- Symptom management in children with complex medical conditions
- A 7-year-old girl with periodic flank discomfort.
- Maddox K, Buck C, Seguias L Pediatr Ann 2015 Mar 44 3 100-2
Honors & Awards
- Educational Innovation Award
UT Southwestern Residency Program (2016)
- White Hat Award
Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2016)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Texas Pediatric Society
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine