Dr. Michelle Machie completed her Bachelor of Science degree in psychology with a minor in biology at the University of Texas at Austin. She moved to Dallas, Texas after college to complete her medical degree, general pediatrics residency, and pediatric neurology fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Her research is focused on the use of advanced imaging techniques to better predict developmental outcomes of neonates after perinatal brain injuries. She completed an additional fellowship in Fetal and Neonatal Neurology at UT Southwestern and her clinical focus includes the prenatal diagnosis and prognosis of brain anomalies, neonatal intensive neurological care, and dedicated post NICU developmental follow up. Dr. Machie is interested in medical student outreach and mentorship to foster diversity in medicine.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2015), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2018), Child Neurology
- Developmental outcomes after Neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy or meningitis
- The use of MRI and DTI as a tool to evaluate the fetal brain and congenital brain malformations
- Seizure Severity and Treatment Response in Newborn Infants with Seizures Attributed to Intracranial Hemorrhage.
- Herzberg EM, Machie M, Glass HC, Shellhaas RA, Wusthoff CJ, Chang T, Abend NS, Chu CJ, Cilio MR, Bonifacio SL, Massey SL, McCulloch CE, Soul JS, J Pediatr 2021 Nov
- Predictors of Neurodevelopmental Impairment After Neonatal Bacterial Meningitis.
- Haffner DN, Machie M, Hone E, Said RR, Maitre NL, J Child Neurol 2021 Jul 8830738211026053
- Parent mental health and neurodevelopmental outcomes of children hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Erdei C, Liu CH, Machie M, Church PT, Heyne R, Early Hum Dev 2020 Nov 105278
- MRI Score Ability to Detect Abnormalities in Mild Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy.
- Machie M, Weeke L, de Vries LS, Rollins N, Brown L, Chalak L, Pediatr Neurol 2020 Nov 116 32-38
Honors & Awards
- Pediatric Epilepsy Research Foundation Excellence in Research and Scholarly Activity Award
- Pediatric Neurology Resident Excellence in Care Award
Children's Health (2018)
- Pellock Resident Seminar on Epilepsy Program
Awarded Scholarship (2017)
- American Academy of Neurology
- Child Neurology Society
- Society of Pediatric Research