Dr. Matthew E. Campbell, M.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology and Oncology. He earned his undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin and earned his medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his Pediatric residency training at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he spent an additional year serving as chief resident. He then completed a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital, where he also served as chief fellow in his final year. His clinical interest is in Pediatric Oncology, with a focus on musculoskeletal tumors and early phase clinical trials. He is the lead physician for the UTSW/Children's Medical Center Musculoskeletal Tumor Program and is the program leader for the Developmental Therapeutics Program. His research interest is in the use of immunotherapy for relapsed or refractory pediatric cancers.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center/Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital (2016), Pediatrics
- Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital (2020), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
Honors & Awards
- Children's Cancer Fund Call for the Cure Award Recipient
- SCCC Early Stage Clinical Investigator Award