Dr. Yu is a native Texan who completed her medical training in New York. She graduated from Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine of New York and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Northwell Staten Island University Hospital in 2014. During her residency, she developed strong interests in both geriatrics and palliative care medicine and completed her fellowship in both Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care Medicine at New York University School of Medicine. After fellowship, Dr. Yu joined UT Southwestern faculty as a clinician-educator. Her clinical interests include focusing on the provision of high value medical care for the older adult population especially across transitions in the life cycle as well as promoting and integrating geriatric and palliative care education at various levels of training. Dr. Yu’s interests outside of medicine include hiking, kickboxing, and traveling.
- Medical School
- Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (2014)
- Northwell Staten Island University Hospital (2017), Internal Medicine
- New York University School of Medicine (2019), Palliative Care
- Cultural Values, Practices, and Beliefs in Palliative and End of Life Care
- Renal Palliative Care
- Concomitant Presence of EGFR and ALK Fusion Gene Mutation in Adenocarcinoma of Lung: A Case Report and Review of the Literature.
- Thumallapally N, Yu H, Farhan M, Ibrahim U, Odiami M J Pharm Pract 2018 Apr 31 2 244-248
- Salvage therapies in relapsed and/or refractory myeloma: what is current and what is the future?
- Thumallapally N, Yu H, Asti D, Vennepureddy A, Terjanian T Onco Targets Ther 2016 9 4843-58
- A Role for ?FosB in Calorie Restriction-Induced Metabolic Changes.
- Vialou V, Cui H, Perello M, Mahgoub M, Yu HG, Rush AJ, Pranav H, Jung S, Yangisawa M, Zigman JM, Elmquist JK, Nestler EJ, Lutter M Biol. Psychiatry 2011 Jul 70 2 204-7
- A beta3-adrenergic-leptin-melanocortin circuit regulates behavioral and metabolic changes induced by chronic stress.
- Chuang JC, Krishnan V, Yu HG, Mason B, Cui H, Cui H, Wilkinson MB, Zigman JM, Elmquist JK, Nestler EJ, Lutter M Biol. Psychiatry 2010 Jun 67 11 1075-82
- Chronic social defeat stress disrupts regulation of lipid synthesis.
- Chuang JC, Cui H, Mason BL, Mahgoub M, Bookout AL, Yu HG, Perello M, Elmquist JK, Repa JJ, Zigman JM, Lutter M J. Lipid Res. 2010 Jun 51 6 1344-53
Systematic Non-pain Symptom Assessment and Management. In Palliative Care in Nephrology: Integrating Palliative Care
Yu, H and Scherer, J (2020). New York, NY, Oxford University Press
Honors & Awards
- Geriatric Fellow of the Year Award
New York University School of Medicine (2017-2018)
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2018)
- American Geriatric Society (2017)