Dr. Prokesch is originally from Atlanta, Georgia. After a brief hiatus in Connecticut, where she completed her undergraduate degree in government and then taught kindergarten for a year after graduating college, she returned to Atlanta for medical school and an internal medicine residency at Emory University. She completed her infectious diseases fellowship at UTSW and then returned to Atlanta where she worked in private practice for a couple of years prior to returning to UTSW to join the faculty in 2016.
- Medical School
- Emory University School of Medicine (2009)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- Ohio State University Hospital (2013), Infectious Diseases
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Infectious Diseases
- Antibiotic Stewardship
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
- Immunocompromised Hosts
- Socioeconomic Impact of Infectious Diseases
- Primary osteomyelitis caused by hypervirulent Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Prokesch BC, TeKippe M, Kim J, Raj P, TeKippe EM, Greenberg DE Lancet Infect Dis 2016 Jul
- Letermovir successfully used for secondary prophylaxis in a heart transplant recipient with ganciclovir-resistant cytomegalovirus syndrome (UL97 mutation).
- Chong PP, Teiber D, Prokesch BC, Arasaratnam RJ, Peltz M, Drazner MH, Garg S Transpl Infect Dis 2018 Jul e12965
- Successful Treatment of Persistent Burkholderia cepacia Complex Bacteremia with Ceftazidime-Avibactam.
- Tamma PD, Fan Y, Bergman Y, Sick-Samuels AC, Hsu AJ, Timp W, Simner PJ, Prokesch BC, Greenberg DE Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2018 Apr 62 4
- in a Patient With Sickle Cell Disease.
- Hill E, Workman AD, Lee F, Hollaway R, Cavuoti D, Prokesch BC Open Forum Infect Dis 2018 Feb 5 2 ofx278
- A 60-year-old man with necrotic skin lesions after heart transplantation.
- Prokesch BC, Cavuoti D, Le JB, Greenberg DE Am. J. Transplant. 2014 Nov 14 11 2664-6
- EBV-driven HIV-associated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma causing profound lactic acidosis.
- Prokesch BC, Shiloh MU Blood 2014 Aug 124 6 842
- Nail gun attempted suicide and traumatic ventricular perforations.
- Prokesch BC, Mangino JE QJM 2014 Jul 107 7 589
- Thromboangiitis obliterans involving the temporal artery.
- Prokesch B, Law K, Conn DL Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2011 Jun 63 6 918-20
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2014)
- Fellowship Antimicrobial Stewardship Award
UT Southwestern (2014)
- Fellow's Excellence in Teaching Award
Ohio State University (2013)
- Phi Beta Kappa
National Honor Society (2004)
- Pi Sigma Alpha
National Political Science Honor Society (2004)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (2015)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2013)
- American College of Physicians (2009)