Robert Bowman, M.D.
Endowed Title Irene Wadel and Robert I. Atha, Jr. Professorship in Ophthalmology, in Honor of R. Wayne Bowman, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Bowman has been a member of the faculty since 1984. His interests have focused on state of the art cataract surgery and intraocular lens implantation. He has been a frequent speaker and instructor for a variety of cataract surgery courses and well as a lecturer, trainer and investigator for VISX excimer laser. He has been very active in refractive surgery including LASIK and the IntraLase. The combination of cataract surgery and keratorefractive surgery has led him to be very active with newer introcular lenses such as the ReStor for the correction of presbyopia and refractive lens exchange.
- Medical School
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine (1976)
- U.of MO-Columbia Hospital (1977), Internal Medicine
- U.of MO-Columbia Hospital (1978), Internal Medicine
- U.of MO-Columbia Hospital (1982), Ophthalmology
- UT Health Science Center-Houston (1984), Cornea & External Diseases
- Cataract, cataract surgery, ReStor, Crystalens, prebyopia, LASIK, Intralase, keratorefractive surgery, toric lenses, refractive lens exchange, Visian ICL, corneal transplantation, DALK, DSEK, K-PRO, laser-assisted cataract surgery
Honors & Awards
- Texas Monthly Magazine
Super Doctors (2014)
- D Magazine
Best Doctors in Dallas (2013)
- AAO Achievement Award
- Irene Wadel and Robert I Atha, Jr. Professorship in Ophthalmology in Honor of R. Wayne Bowman,MD
Endowed Chair (1999)
- American Board of Ophthalmology