- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1993)
- Children's Health Dallas (1994), Pediatrics
- Children's Health Dallas (1996), Pediatrics
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (1999), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Development of novel chemotherapy regimens for children with recurrent cancer
- Evaluation of quality of life and late effects of childhood cancer survivors
- New therapies for childhood brain tumors
- Late-occurring stroke among long-term survivors of childhood leukemia and brain tumors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Bowers DC, Liu Y, Leisenring W, McNeil E, Stovall M, Gurney JG, Robison LL, Packer RJ, Oeffinger KC J. Clin. Oncol. 2006 Nov 24 33 5277-82
- Stroke as a late treatment effect of Hodgkin's Disease: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Bowers DC, McNeil DE, Liu Y, Yasui Y, Stovall M, Gurney JG, Hudson MM, Donaldson SS, Packer RJ, Mitby PA, Kasper CE, Robison LL, Oeffinger KC J. Clin. Oncol. 2005 Sep 23 27 6508-15
- Phase I study of oral cyclophosphamide and oral topotecan for children with recurrent or refractory solid tumors.
- Bowers DC, Aquino VM, Leavey PJ, Bash RO, Journeycake JM, Tomlinson G, Mulne AF, Haynes HJ, Winick NJ Pediatr Blood Cancer 2004 Jan 42 1 93-8
- Study of the MIB-1 labeling index as a predictor of tumor progression in pilocytic astrocytomas in children and adolescents.
- Bowers DC, Gargan L, Kapur P, Reisch JS, Mulne AF, Shapiro KN, Elterman RD, Winick NJ, Margraf LR J. Clin. Oncol. 2003 Aug 21 15 2968-73
- Hepatocyte growth factor activates the Akt pathway and inhibits chemotherapy and radiation induced cell death in human glioma cells
- Bowers DC, Fan S, Willimas JA, Rosen EM, Laterra J Cancer Research 2000 60 (15) 4277-4283
- Comprehensive Analysis of Hypermutation in Human Cancer.
- Campbell BB, Light N, Fabrizio D, Zatzman M, Fuligni F, de Borja R, Davidson S, Edwards M, Elvin JA, Hodel KP, Zahurancik WJ, Suo Z, Lipman T, Wimmer K, Kratz CP, Bowers DC, Laetsch TW, Dunn GP, Johanns TM, Grimmer MR, Smirnov IV, Larouche V, Samuel D, Bronsema A, Osborn M, Stearns D, Raman P, Cole KA, Storm PB, Yalon M, Opocher E, Mason G, Thomas GA, Sabel M, George B, Ziegler DS, Lindhorst S, Issai VM, Constantini S, Toledano H, Elhasid R, Farah R, Dvir R, Dirks P, Huang A, Galati MA, Chung J, Ramaswamy V, Irwin MS, Aronson M, Durno C, Taylor MD, Rechavi G, Maris JM, Bouffet E, Hawkins C, Costello JF, Meyn MS, Pursell ZF, Malkin D, Tabori U, Shlien A Cell 2017 Oct
- Irreversible growth plate fusions in children with medulloblastoma treated with a targeted hedgehog pathway inhibitor.
- Robinson GW, Kaste SC, Chemaitilly W, Bowers DC, Laughton S, Smith A, Gottardo NG, Partap S, Bendel A, Wright KD, Orr BA, Warner WC, Onar-Thomas A, Gajjar A Oncotarget 2017 Sep 8 41 69295-69302
- Targeted MAPK Pathway Inhibitors in Patients With Disseminated Pilocytic Astrocytomas.
- Drobysheva A, Klesse LJ, Bowers DC, Rajaram V, Rakheja D, Timmons CF, Wang J, Koral K, Gargan L, Ramos E, Park JY J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2017 Aug 15 8 978-982
- Morbidity and Mortality Associated With Meningioma After Cranial Radiotherapy: A Report From the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study.
- Bowers DC, Moskowitz CS, Chou JF, Mazewski CM, Neglia JP, Armstrong GT, Leisenring WM, Robison LL, Oeffinger KC J. Clin. Oncol. 2017 Mar JCO2016701896
- Pediatric low-grade gliomas: implications of the biologic era.
- Packer RJ, Pfister S, Bouffet E, Avery R, Bandopadhayay P, Bornhorst M, Bowers DC, Ellison D, Fangusaro J, Foreman N, Fouladi M, Gajjar A, Haas-Kogan D, Hawkins C, Ho CY, Hwang E, Jabado N, Kilburn LB, Lassaletta A, Ligon KL, Massimino M, Meeteren SV, Mueller S, Nicolaides T, Perilongo G, Tabori U, Vezina G, Warren K, Witt O, Zhu Y, Jones DT, Kieran M Neuro-oncology 2016 Sep
Strokes Among Childhood Brain Tumor Survivors. In Goldman S, Turner CD, eds. Late Effects of Treatment for Brain Tumors.
Bowers DC. (2009). Springer; 145-153.
Honors & Awards
- Favorite Oncology Professionals
CureSearch for Childrens Cancer (2013-2013)
- Elected to the Society for Pediatric Research
- Outstanding Graduate in the College of Science
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas
D Magazine (2003,2004,2007,2011,2013, 2017)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2006)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (2001)
- Society for Neuro-Oncology (2000)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (1999)
- Children’s Oncology Group