George Liu, D.P.M.
Department Orthopaedic Surgery
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
- Medical School
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine (1999)
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2002), Podiatric Medicine & Surgery
- Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital (2003), Orthopaedic Trauma
- University of Catania Emanuele Hospital (2006), Orthopaedic Trauma
- Ankle and Foot Trauma
- Arthritis and deformities from past injuries
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Charcot foot
- Deformity correction
- Foot and ankle sports injuries
- Nonunions and malunions
- Revisional surgery
- A Biomechanical Analysis of Interference Screw Versus Bone Tunnel Fixation of Flexor Hallucis Longus Tendon Transfers to the Calcaneus.
- Liu GT, Balldin BC, Zide JR, Chen CT J Foot Ankle Surg 2017 Jul - Aug 56 4 813-816
- Spring ligament complex: Illustrated normal anatomy and spectrum of pathologies on 3T MR imaging.
- Omar H, Saini V, Wadhwa V, Liu G, Chhabra A Eur J Radiol 2016 Nov 85 11 2133-2143
- Risk Factors for Open Malleolar Fractures: An Analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank (2007 to 2011).
- Shibuya N, Liu GT, Davis ML, Grossman JP, Jupiter DC J Foot Ankle Surg 2015 Sep
- Osteotome axial twist (OAT) technique: a simple method for exposing arthritic foot joints in preparation for arthrodesis.
- Liu GT J Foot Ankle Surg 2008 Sep-Oct 47 5 494-6
- Distal tibial fractures: The rule of fibular fixation
- Varsalona R and Liu GT Strategies in Trauma and Limb Reconstruction December 2006 1(1) 42-50
- Biomechanical topography of human articular cartilage in the first metatarsophalangeal joint.
- Athanasiou KA, Liu GT, Lavery LA, Lanctot DR, Schenck RC Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 1998 Mar 348 269-81
- Human articular cartilage biomechanics of the second metatarsal intermediate cuneiform joint.
- Liu GT, Lavery LA, Schenck RC, Lanctot DR, Zhu CF, Athanasiou KA J Foot Ankle Surg 1997 Sep-Oct 36 5 367-74
- Simulated radiographic bone and joint modeling from 3D ankle MRI: feasibility and comparison with radiographs and 2D MRI.
- Nordeck SM, Koerper CE, Adler A, Malhotra V, Xi Y, Liu GT, Chhabra A Skeletal Radiol. 2017 May 46 5 651-664
- Surgical Off-loading of the Diabetic Foot
- Steinberg JS, Liu GT , Yung AC Foot and Ankle Quarterly Summer 2005 17(2) 31-35
- Digital syndactylization for the treatment of interdigital squamous cell carcinoma in situ (Bowen disease).
- Liu GT, Lovell MO, Steinberg JS J Foot Ankle Surg 2004 Nov-Dec 43 6 419-22
Ankle Fractures. In Complications in Foot and Ankle Surgery: Management Strategies
Liu, GT (2017). New York, J. Springer
Neglected Calcaneal Fractures. In McGlamry's Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Liu, GT (2012). New York, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Arthroscopic Anatomy. In Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy
Liu GT, Sautter TL, Buddecke DE (2016). Chicago, Illinois, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Surgical Management of Syndesmotic Injuries. In in International Advances in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Liu GT and Allen MA (2011). London, Springer-Verlag
Stress Fractures of the Foot and Ankle in Athletes. In International Advances in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Saxena A, Liu GT, Fullem B, Allen MA. (2011). London, Springer-Verlag
Honors & Awards
- Leadership Hall of Fame
Scientific Chair of Annual Scientific Conference of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (2015-2016)
- Best Doctors in Dallas, D Magazine 2012, 2015, 2016
- Gerard V.Yu AO North America Teaching Award
Teaching award for internal fixation principles in trauma and reconstruction (2010)
- Young Practitioner of the Year Award
Recognition of Exemplary Contributions to Texas Podiatric Medical Association’s Continuing Medical Education Committee and to the Advancement of Podiatric Medicine in Texas (2009)
- Outstanding Clinician Award by the Department of Orthopaedics, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to Podiatric Dermatology by the American Society of Podiatric Dermatology
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Dr. Howard R. Reinherz Award
Excellence in Scientific and Medical Writing - First place award (1998)
- President, UT Southwestern Faculty Senate (2012)
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Dallas County Podiatric Medical Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association