- Fudan University (1992), Genetics
- Graduate School
- Fudan University (1995), Genetics
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2001), Molecular Biology
- Epigenetic regulation of gene expression in neural development and autistic disorders
- Epigenetic regulation of Sonic hedgehog signaling in development and cancers
- Transcription regulation of neuronal synapse development and plasticity
- Epigenetic regulation in medulloblastoma.
- Yi J, Wu J Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 2017 Dec
- SMARCA4/Brg1 coordinates genetic and epigenetic networks underlying Shh-type medulloblastoma development.
- Shi X, Wang Q, Gu J, Xuan Z, Wu JI Oncogene 2016 Apr
- Autism-Associated Chromatin Regulator Brg1/SmarcA4 is Required for Synapse Development and MEF2-mediated Synapse Remodeling.
- Zhang Z, Cao M, Chang CW, Wang C, Shi X, Zhan X, Birnbaum SG, Bezprozvanny I, Huber K, Wu JI Mol. Cell. Biol. 2015 Oct
- Chromatin Remodeling Factor Brg1 Supports the Early Maintenance and Late Responsiveness of Nestin-Lineage Adult Neural Stem and Progenitor Cells.
- Petrik D, Latchney SE, Masiulis I, Yun S, Zhang Z, Wu JI, Eisch AJ Stem Cells 2015 Sep
- Generation of BAF53b-Cre transgenic mice with pan-neuronal Cre activities.
- Zhan X, Cao M, Yoo AS, Zhang Z, Chen L, Crabtree GR, Wu JI Genesis 2015 Jun
- Camk2a-Cre-mediated conditional deletion of chromatin remodeler Brg1 causes perinatal hydrocephalus.
- Cao M, Wu JI Neurosci. Lett. 2015 Jun 597 71-6
- A positive feedback loop between Gli1 and tyrosine kinase Hck amplifies shh signaling activities in medulloblastoma.
- Shi X, Zhan X, Wu J Oncogenesis 2015 4 e176
- An epigenetic switch induced by Shh signalling regulates gene activation during development and medulloblastoma growth.
- Shi X, Zhang Z, Zhan X, Cao M, Satoh T, Akira S, Shpargel K, Magnuson T, Li Q, Wang R, Wang C, Ge K, Wu J Nat Commun 2014 5 5425
- Diverse functions of ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes in development and cancer.
- Wu JI Acta Biochim. Biophys. Sin. (Shanghai) 2012 Jan 44 1 54-69
- Dual role of Brg chromatin remodeling factor in Sonic hedgehog signaling during neural development.
- Zhan X, Shi X, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Wu JI Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 Jul 12758-63
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Research Scholar
- Basil O’Connor starter scholar
- Whitehall Foundation award
- Endowed Scholar in Biomedical Research
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008)