Dr. Hallac has an extensive background in signal processing and image analysis, with specific training and expertise in diverse research areas. As a master’s student, he designed a single transmitter/multiple receiver Doppler ultrasound transducer to collect statistically different random signals to improve Doppler ultrasound velocity estimation, depending on the angle from which the sound is received. He expanded his research realm during his Ph.D. studies to include imaging of tumor microenvironment. He worked on multiple imaging modalities, including MRI, PET and BLI to noninvasively assess tumor oxygenation/vasculature and predict tumor response to radiation/chemotherapy. His expertise lies in both preclinical studies and clinical trials. During his research career, he collaborated with scientists and clinicians from various fields including plastic surgery, radiation oncology and internal medicine.
Dr. Hallac is currently an imaging scientist at Children's Medical Center and an assistant professor at UT Southwestern. His research focuses on developing new algorithms to analyze 3D and 4D radiological and non-radiological images. He recently developed a new technique Advanced Cranial Curvature Estimation (ACCUREST) to evaluate images of pediatric patients with craniofacial differences.
- Assessing outcomes of ear molding therapy by health care providers and convolutional neural network.
- Hallac RR, Jackson SA, Grant J, Fisher K, Scheiwe S, Wetz E, Perez J, Lee J, Chitta K, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Sci Rep 2021 Sep 11 1 17875
- Identifying Ear Abnormality from 2D Photographs Using Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Hallac RR, Lee J, Pressler M, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Sci Rep 2019 Dec 9 1 18198
- Comparison of an unsupervised machine learning algorithm and surgeon diagnosis in the clinical differentiation of metopic craniosynostosis and benign metopic ridge.
- Cho MJ, Hallac RR, Effendi M, Seaward JR, Kane AA Sci Rep 2018 Apr 8 1 6312
- Three-dimensional changes in head shape after extended sagittal strip craniectomy with wedge ostectomies and helmet therapy.
- Chou PY, Hallac RR, Patel S, Cho MJ, Stewart N, Smartt JM, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Derderian CA J Neurosurg Pediatr 2017 Mar 1-6
- Three-Dimensional Analysis of Bilateral Cleft Lip and Palate Nasal Deformity.
- Harrison LM, Hallac RR, Derderian CA, Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2020 Jul 1055665620940190
- The Use of Eye Tracking to Discern the Threshold at Which Metopic Orbitofrontal Deformity Attracts Attention.
- Pressler MP, Geisler EL, Hallac RR, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2020 Jun 1055665620926014
- Kinematic Analysis of Smiles in the Healthy Pediatric Population Using 3-Dimensional Motion Capture.
- Hallac RR, Thrikutam N, Chou PY, Huang R, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2019 Nov 1055665619887628
- Non-Radiographic Severity Measurement of Pectus Excavatum.
- Bliss DP, Vaughan NA, Walk RM, Naiditch JA, Kane AA, Hallac RR J. Surg. Res. 2019 Jan 233 376-380
- Three-Dimensional Printing for Craniofacial Surgery: A Single Institution's 5-Year Experience.
- Dumas BM, Nava A, Law HZ, Smartt J, Derderian C, Seaward JR, Kane AA, Hallac RR Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2018 Sep 1055665618798292
- Field Distortions in MRI Caused by Stainless Steel Orthodontic Appliances at 1.5 T Using Permanent Magnets - A Head Phantom Study.
- Wang ZJ, Park YJ, Morriss MC, Seo Y, Nguyen T, Hallac RR, Nava A, Chopra R, Chatzinoff Y, Price K, Rollins NK Sci Rep 2018 Apr 8 1 5706
19F NMR: Clinical and Molecular Imaging Applications. In Fluorine in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry: From Biophysical Aspects to Clinial Applications