Lana Harder, Ph.D.
Department Psychiatry | Neurology
Dr. Harder leads the Neuropsychology Service and Neuropsychology training program at Children’s Medical Center. She holds dual faculty appointments as Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Harder is board certified in Clinical Neuropsychology and is a board certified Subspecialist in Pediatric Neuropsychology. Nationally, Dr. Harder was elected President-Elect of the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN). She has served on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology and two consecutive terms on the Board of Directors of APPCN. She also serves on the Board of Directors and Medical and Scientific Council of the Siegel Rare Neuroimmune Association. Dr. Harder is a fellow of the National Academy of Neuropsychology.
Dr. Harder earned her doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin and completed her pre-doctoral internship at the Kennedy Krieger Institute and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. She completed post-doctoral fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Harder has served as a Pediatric Neuropsychologist at Children’s Medical Center since 2008. She was a founding member and is the current Co-Director of the Children’s Medical Center Pediatric Demyelinating Diseases Clinic. Inspired by her work evaluating children with rare disorders, Dr. Harder published the first study on pediatric tele-neuropsychology. Additional research interests include brain imaging correlates of neuropsychological functioning in demyelinating disorders, and longitudinal cognitive and psychosocial outcomes for pediatric multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, and neuromyelitis optica. Dr. Harder also participates in a multi-site longitudinal investigation on the impact of cancer and its treatment on early development in infants and toddlers.
- Southern Methodist University (2000), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2004), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2006), Psychology
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- CNS Demyelinating Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)
- Pediatric Cancer
- Transverse Myelitis
- Predictors of Cognitive Performance Among Infants Treated for Brain Tumors: Findings From a Multisite, Prospective, Longitudinal Trial.
- Ali JS, Ashford JM, Swain MA, Harder LL, Carlson-Green BL, Miller JM, Wallace J, Kaner RJ, Billups CA, Onar-Thomas A, Merchant TE, Gajjar A, Conklin HM, J Clin Oncol 2021 May JCO2001687
- Home-Based Pediatric Teleneuropsychology: A validation study.
- Harder L, Hernandez A, Hague C, Neumann J, McCreary M, Cullum CM, Greenberg B, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2020 Nov 35 8 1266-1275
- Accelerating Teleneuropsychology Within Diverse Populations.
- Salinas CM, Cullum CM, Harder L, Bordes Edgar V, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2020 Nov 35 8 1187-1188
- A survey of international clinical teleneuropsychology service provision prior to and in the context of COVID-19.
- Hammers DB, Stolywk R, Harder L, Cullum CM, Clin Neuropsychol 2020 Aug 1-17
- Inter Organizational Practice Committee Recommendations/Guidance for Teleneuropsychology in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic†.
- Bilder RM, Postal KS, Barisa M, Aase DM, Cullum CM, Gillaspy SR, Harder L, Kanter G, Lanca M, Lechuga DM, Morgan JM, Most R, Puente AE, Salinas CM, Woodhouse J, Arch Clin Neuropsychol 2020 Jul
- New onset transverse myelitis diagnostic accuracy and patient experiences.
- Greenberg BM, Krishnan C, Harder L Mult Scler Relat Disord 2019 Jan 30 42-44
- Optical coherence tomography features in brothers with aspartylglucosaminuria.
- Goodspeed K, Harder L, Hughes S, Conger D, Taravella J, Gray SJ, Minassian B Ann Clin Transl Neurol 2018 Dec 5 12 1622-1626
- Neuropsychological outcomes of pediatric demyelinating diseases: a review.
- Tan A, Hague C, Greenberg BM, Harder L Child Neuropsychol 2017 Jun 1-23
- Effect of motivation on academic fluency performance in survivors of pediatric medulloblastoma.
- Holland AA, Hughes CW, Harder L, Silver C, Bowers DC, Stavinoha PL Child Neuropsychol 2015 Mar 1-17
- Pediatric multiple sclerosis: what we know and where are we headed?
- MacAllister WS, Christodoulou C, Milazzo M, Preston TE, Serafin D, Krupp LB, Harder L Child Neuropsychol 2013 19 1 1-22
Multiple Sclerosis. In Clinical Neuropsychology Study Guide and Board Review
MacAllister, W.S., Harder, L. & Liff, C.D. (2014). New York, Oxford University Press
Neuropsychology of Cancer and Oncology. In Cancers of Childhood: Biology and Forms
Jain, N., Harder, L., Potter, B., & Krull, K. (2013). New York, Springer Publishing
Multiple Sclerosis. In Pediatric Neuropsychology: Medical Advances and Lifespan Outcomes
MacAllister, W.S. & Harder, L. (2013). New York, Oxford University Press
Lifespan Aspects of Visual Impairment. In Principles and Practice of Lifespan Developmental Neuropsychology
Noll, L. & Harder, L. (2010). Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
The School Neuropsychology of Learning Disabilities. In School Neuropsychology
Semrud-Clikeman, M., Goldring-Fine, J., & Harder, L. (2005). New York, Sage Publishers
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology Board of Directors (2018)
- Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology Board of Directors (2015)
- International Neuropsychological Society
- National Academy of Neuropsychology
- Siegel Rare Neuroimmune Association Board of Directors (2016)
- Transverse Myelitis Association Medical and Scientific Council (2012)