Dr. Harder is the Manager of the Neuropsychology Service and Neuropsychology Training Director at Children’s Medical Center. She holds dual faculty appointments as Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology and Neurotherapeutics at UT Southwestern. Dr. Harder is board certified in Clinical Neuropsychology and is a board certified Specialist in Pediatric Neuropsychology. Nationally, Dr. Harder was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN) and the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN), and serves on the Board of Directors and Medical and Scientific Council of the Transverse Myelitis Association. Dr. Harder is a Clinical Neuropsychology Ambassador to the American Board of Professional Psychology Early Career Psychologist Task Force.
Dr. Harder earned her doctorate from the University of Texas at Austin and completed her pre-doctoral internship at the Kennedy Krieger Institute and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. She completed post-doctoral fellowship at Texas Children’s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Harder has served as a Pediatric Neuropsychologist at Children’s Medical Center since 2008. She was a founding member and is the current Co-Director of the Children’s Medical Center Pediatric Demyelinating Diseases Clinic. Research interests include pediatric teleneuropsychological assessment, brain imaging correlates of neuropsychological functioning in transverse myelitis, and longitudinal cognitive and psychosocial outcomes for pediatric multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, and neuromyelitis optica. Dr. Harder also participates in a multi-site longitudinal investigation on the impact of cancer and its treatment on early development in infants and toddlers.
- Southern Methodist University (2000), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2004), Psychology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas at Austin (2006), Psychology
- Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
- CNS Demyelinating Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)
- Pediatric Cancer
- Transverse Myelitis
- Neuropsychological outcomes of pediatric demyelinating diseases: a review.
- Tan A, Hague C, Greenberg BM, Harder L Child Neuropsychol 2017 Jun 1-23
- Effect of motivation on academic fluency performance in survivors of pediatric medulloblastoma.
- Holland AA, Hughes CW, Harder L, Silver C, Bowers DC, Stavinoha PL Child Neuropsychol 2015 Mar 1-17
- Pediatric multiple sclerosis: what we know and where are we headed?
- MacAllister WS, Christodoulou C, Milazzo M, Preston TE, Serafin D, Krupp LB, Harder L Child Neuropsychol 2013 19 1 1-22
- Fatigue, emotional functioning, and executive dysfunction in pediatric multiple sclerosis.
- Holland AA, Graves D, Greenberg BM, Harder LL Child Neuropsychol 2012 Dec
- Cognitive functioning in pediatric transverse myelitis.
- Harder LL, Holland AA, Frohman E, Graves D, Greenberg BM Mult. Scler. 2012 Nov
Multiple Sclerosis. In Clinical Neuropsychology Study Guide and Board Review
MacAllister, W.S., Harder, L. & Liff, C.D. (2014). New York, Oxford University Press
Neuropsychology of Cancer and Oncology. In Cancers of Childhood: Biology and Forms
Jain, N., Harder, L., Potter, B., & Krull, K. (2013). New York, Springer Publishing
Multiple Sclerosis. In Pediatric Neuropsychology: Medical Advances and Lifespan Outcomes
MacAllister, W.S. & Harder, L. (2013). New York, Oxford University Press
Lifespan Aspects of Visual Impairment. In Principles and Practice of Lifespan Developmental Neuropsychology
Noll, L. & Harder, L. (2010). Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
The School Neuropsychology of Learning Disabilities. In School Neuropsychology
Semrud-Clikeman, M., Goldring-Fine, J., & Harder, L. (2005). New York, Sage Publishers
- American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology Board of Directors (2018)
- Transverse Myelitis Association Board of Directors (2016)
- Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology Board of Directors (2015)
- Transverse Myelitis Association Medical and Scientific Council (2012)
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology
- International Neuropsychological Society