Dr. Samuel McDonald is an emergency physician and Deputy CMIO for Emergency Medicine at UT Southwestern. He was previously a research mathematician for the United States Department of Defense until transitioning to a career in medicine, completing his education and training at UT Southwestern. He recently completed a master’s degree in Biomedical Informatics with interest in clinical decision support and machine learning/predictive modeling. He plans to utilize his clinical and technical expertise to develop tools to provide real-time, actionable intelligence within the EHR that aid in improving the quality of care provided at UT Southwestern.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2016), Emergency Medicine
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center (2018), Biomedical Science
- Clinical Decision Support
- Clinical Prediction and Machine Learning