Lynda Bennett, Ph.D.
Department Internal Medicine
Lynda Bennett, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Hematology and Oncology
Originally from England, Dr. Bennett earned her undergraduate degree in biological sciences at the University of Exeter. She received her doctorate in molecular genetics from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School, Imperial College London. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship in human genetics at UT Southwestern and a senior postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric autoimmune disease at the Baylor Institute for Immunology Research in Dallas.
Dr. Bennett joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Bennett studies breast and ovarian cancer using genetic, epigenetic, and genomic methodologies. Her investigations have resulted in many original publications and reviews in peer-reviewed journals, as well as book chapters.
Dr. Bennett is a member of the American Association for Cancer Research and the American Association of Immunologists.
- Breast and ovarian cancer
- Cancer epigenetics
- Molecular genetics and genomics of cancer
- Tumor-suppressor function of Beclin 1 in breast cancer cells requires E-cadherin.
- Wijshake T, Zou Z, Chen B, Zhong L, Xiao G, Xie Y, Doench JG, Bennett L, Levine B, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2021 Feb 118 5
- GLIPR2 is a negative regulator of autophagy and the BECN1-ATG14-containing phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex.
- Zhao Y, Zou Z, Sun D, Li Y, Sinha SC, Yu L, Bennett L, Levine B, Autophagy 2020 Nov 1-14
- Identification of de novo enhancers activated by TGF? to drive expression of CDKN2A and B in HeLa cells.
- Liu YT, Xu L, Bennett L, Hooks JC, Liu J, Zhou Q, Liem P, Zheng Y, Skapek SX, Mol. Cancer Res. 2019 Jun
- IFN Priming Is Necessary but Not Sufficient To Turn on a Migratory Dendritic Cell Program in Lupus Monocytes.
- Rodriguez-Pla A, Patel P, Maecker HT, Rossello-Urgell J, Baldwin N, Bennett L, Cantrell V, Baisch J, Punaro M, Gotte A, Nassi L, Wright T, Palucka AK, Banchereau J, Pascual V J. Immunol. 2014 May
- RNA recognition by human TLR8 can lead to autoimmune inflammation.
- Guiducci C, Gong M, Cepika AM, Xu Z, Tripodo C, Bennett L, Crain C, Quartier P, Cush JJ, Pascual V, Coffman RL, Barrat FJ, J. Exp. Med. 2013 Dec 210 13 2903-19
- Epigenetics in humans: an overview.
- Rivera RM, Bennett LB, Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2010 Dec 17 6 493-9
- Genome-wide DNA methylation maps in follicular lymphoma cells determined by methylation-enriched bisulfite sequencing.
- Choi JH, Li Y, Guo J, Pei L, Rauch TA, Kramer RS, Macmil SL, Wiley GB, Bennett LB, Schnabel JL, Taylor KH, Kim S, Xu D, Sreekumar A, Pfeifer GP, Roe BA, Caldwell CW, Bhalla KN, Shi H, PLoS ONE 2010 Sep 5 9
- Epigenetic regulation of WNT signaling in chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Bennett LB, Taylor KH, Arthur GL, Rahmatpanah FB, Hooshmand SI, Caldwell CW, Epigenomics 2010 Feb 2 1 53-70
- DNA hypermethylation accompanied by transcriptional repression in follicular lymphoma.
- Bennett LB, Schnabel JL, Kelchen JM, Taylor KH, Guo J, Arthur GL, Papageorgio CN, Shi H, Caldwell CW, Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2009 Sep 48 9 828-41
- Interferon and granulopoiesis signatures in systemic lupus erythematosus blood.
- Bennett L, Palucka AK, Arce E, Cantrell V, Borvak J, Banchereau J, Pascual V, J. Exp. Med. 2003 Mar 197 6 711-23
Hereditary Breast Cancer Genes. In Breast Cancer
Bennett, L.B. and Bowcock, A.M. (1998). Humana Press
The Epigenetics of Age Related Cancers. In Epigenetics of Aging
Taylor K.H., Bennett L.B., Arthur G.L., Shi H. and Caldwell C.W. (2009). New York, NY, Springer