Dr. Lane Wimberly is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. In addition, he provides orthopaedic trauma coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. Dr. Wimberly graduated from The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD and received his medical degree from Baylor University College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C. Dr. Wimberly also completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1998)
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (1999), General Surgery
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2003), Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital (2004), Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Real-Time Monitoring with a Controlled Advancement Drill May Decrease Plunge Depth.
- Wallace SB, Cherkashin A, Samchukov M, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2019 Jul 101 13 1213-1218
- Retrograde Stainless Steel Flexible Nails Have Superior Resistance to Bending in Distal Third Femoral Shaft Fractures.
- Hubbard EW, Thompson RM, Jo CH, Pierce WA, Riccio AI, Wimberly RL J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Nov
- Toe Walking: A Neurological Perspective After Referral From Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Haynes KB, Wimberly RL, VanPelt JM, Jo CH, Riccio AI, Delgado MR J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Jan
- When to Be Concerned About Abnormal Gait: Toe Walking, In-Toeing, Out-Toeing, Bowlegs, and Knock-Knees.
- Cao LA, Wimberly L, Pediatr Ann 2022 Sep 51 9 e340-e345
- Postoperative Outcomes in Diabetic Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Patients: A National Database Study.
- Farahani F, Ahn J, Nakonezny PA, Wukich DK, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop 2021 Jun
- Vascular examination predicts functional outcomes in supracondylar humerus fractures: a prospective study.
- Ernat JJ, Wimberly RL, Ho CA, Riccio AI, J Child Orthop 2020 Dec 14 6 495-501
- Predictors of appointment adherence following operative treatment of pediatric supracondylar humerus fractures: which patients are not following up?
- Hubbard EW, Rathjen KE, Elliott M, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Pediatr Orthop B 2020 Oct
- Staged Reconstruction for Type IV Tibial Deficiency (Distal Tibiofibular Diastasis): A Report of 2 Cases.
- Ernat JJ, Wimberly L, Samchukov ML, Cherkaskin AM, Birch JG, JBJS Case Connect 2019 Dec 9 4 e0088
- Pathologic arterial changes in neurovascularly intact Gartland III supracondylar humerus fractures: a pilot study.
- Ho CA, Podeszwa DA, Riccio AI, Wimberly RL, Ramo BA, Yang M, Patel S, J Pediatr Orthop B 2019 Nov
- Hip Surveillance in Children With Cerebral Palsy.
- Shrader MW, Wimberly L, Thompson R, J Am Acad Orthop Surg 2019 Oct 27 20 760-768
Pediatric Upper Extremity Fractures. In Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Trauma 5. 5th Ed
Riccio AI, Wimberly RL (2016).
- American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (2017)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (2013)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2011)