Dr. Lane Wimberly is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. In addition, he provides orthopaedic trauma coverage at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. Dr. Wimberly graduated from The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD and received his medical degree from Baylor University College of Medicine in Houston, TX. He completed his internship in general surgery and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C. Dr. Wimberly also completed a fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1998)
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (1999), General Surgery
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2003), Orthopaedic Surgery
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital (2004), Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Real-Time Monitoring with a Controlled Advancement Drill May Decrease Plunge Depth.
- Wallace SB, Cherkashin A, Samchukov M, Wimberly RL, Riccio AI, J Bone Joint Surg Am 2019 Jul 101 13 1213-1218
- Retrograde Stainless Steel Flexible Nails Have Superior Resistance to Bending in Distal Third Femoral Shaft Fractures.
- Hubbard EW, Thompson RM, Jo CH, Pierce WA, Riccio AI, Wimberly RL J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Nov
- Toe Walking: A Neurological Perspective After Referral From Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Haynes KB, Wimberly RL, VanPelt JM, Jo CH, Riccio AI, Delgado MR J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Jan
- Biomechanical Assessment of Torsional Stiffness in a Supracondylar Humerus Fracture Model.
- Wallace M, Johnson DB, Pierce W, Iobst C, Riccio A, Wimberly RL J Pediatr Orthop 2018 Oct
- Functional Outcomes Following Operative Treatment of Tibial Tubercle Fractures.
- Riccio AI, Tulchin-Francis K, Hogue GD, Wimberly RL, Gill CS, Collins D, Karol LA J Pediatr Orthop 2017 Oct
Pediatric Upper Extremity Fractures. In Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Trauma 5. 5th Ed
Riccio AI, Wimberly RL (2016).
- American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (2017)
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America (2011)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2008)