Since 2021, Kimberly Reynolds has been appointed as an Assistant Professor in the Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics. Since 2014, she is also a member of the Cecil H. and Ida Green Center of Systems Biology, and the Department of Biophysics. Prior to joining the UTSW faculty, she completed a PhD in biophysics at UC Berkeley with Dr. Tracy Handel, where she studied the computational design of protein-protein interfaces. As a postdoctoral researcher, she developed a model for the evolution of new allosteric regulation and experimentally tested the idea of allosteric "hot spots" with Dr. Rama Ranganathan.
- Evolution and engineering of cellular systems
- Protein regulation and inter-protein communication
- Statistical analysis of genomes and prediction of functional interactions between genes
- Structurally distributed surface sites tune allosteric regulation.
- McCormick JW, Russo MAX, Thompson S, Blevins A, Reynolds KA Elife 2021 10 e68346
- A simplified strategy for titrating gene expression reveals new relationships between genotype, environment, and bacterial growth.
- Mathis AD, Otto RM, Reynolds KA, Nucleic Acids Res 2020 Nov
- Altered expression of a quality control protease in E. coli reshapes the in vivo mutational landscape of a model enzyme.
- Thompson S, Zhang Y, Ingle C, Reynolds KA, Kortemme T, Elife 2020 07 9
- A Two-Enzyme Adaptive Unit within Bacterial Folate Metabolism.
- Schober AF, Mathis AD, Ingle C, Park JO, Chen L, Rabinowitz JD, Junier I, Rivoire O, Reynolds KA, Cell Rep 2019 Jun 27 11 3359-3370.e7
- Engineering allosteric regulation in protein kinases.
- Pincus D, Pandey JP, Feder ZA, Creixell P, Resnekov O, Reynolds KA Sci Signal 2018 Nov 11 555
- High-Order Epistasis in Catalytic Power of Dihydrofolate Reductase Gives Rise to a Rugged Fitness Landscape in the Presence of Trimethoprim Selection.
- Tamer YT, Gaszek IK, Abdizadeh H, Batur TA, Reynolds KA, Atilgan AR, Atilgan C, Toprak E, Mol. Biol. Evol. 2019 Jul 36 7 1533-1550
- An evolution-based strategy for engineering allosteric regulation.
- Pincus D, Resnekov O, Reynolds KA Phys Biol 2017 Apr 14 2 025002
- Evolution-Based Functional Decomposition of Proteins.
- Rivoire O, Reynolds KA, Ranganathan R PLoS Comput. Biol. 2016 Jun 12 6 e1004817
- Hot spots for allosteric regulation on protein surfaces.
- Reynolds KA, McLaughlin RN, Ranganathan R Cell 2011 Dec 147 7 1564-75
Honors & Awards
- National Science Foundation CAREER award
- Outstanding Graduate Educator - UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers
- Data Driven Discovery Investigator, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation