Dr. Tracey Wright is Associate Professor and Interim Division Chief of Pediatric Rheumatology. Her clinical and research interests relate to pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus and improving outcomes for children and adolescents with this disease. Dr. Wright is the principal investigator for the Clinical and Sample Core for the NIAMS funded Center for Lupus Research, an integrated, cooperative center based at UT Southwestern, the Drukier Institute for Children's Health at Weil Cornell Medicine, and the Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine. She joined the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2008 after completing fellowship in Pediatric Rheumatology at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Wright is the Pediatric Fellowship Program Director, and a Pediatric Rheumatologist in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center, practicing at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children and Children’s Medical Center, Dallas.
- Medical School
- MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine (2001)
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2002), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2004), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2008), Pediatric Rheumatology
- Pediatric SLE
- T cell population expanded in lupus blood provides B cell help through interleukin-10 and succinate.
- Caielli S, Veiga DT, Balasubramanian P, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Banchereau R, Xu Z, Chandra M, Chung CH, Walters L, Baisch J, Wright T, Punaro M, Nassi L, Stewart K, Fuller J, Ucar D, Ueno H, Zhou J, Banchereau J, Pascual V Nat. Med. 2019 Jan 25 1 75-81
- Pilot study comparing the childhood arthritis and rheumatology research alliance consensus treatment plans for induction therapy of juvenile proliferative lupus nephritis.
- Cooper JC, Rouster-Stevens K, Wright TB, Hsu JJ, Klein-Gitelman MS, Ardoin SP, Schanberg LE, Brunner HI, Eberhard BA, Wagner-Weiner L, Mehta J, Haines K, McCurdy DK, Phillips TA, Huang Z, von Scheven E Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 2018 Oct 16 1 65
- Comparative Effectiveness of Tumor Necrosis Factor Agents and Disease-modifying Antirheumatic Therapy in Children with Enthesitis-related Arthritis: The First Year after Diagnosis.
- Weiss PF, Xiao R, Brandon TG, Pagnini I, Wright TB, Beukelman T, Morgan-DeWitt E, Feudtner C J. Rheumatol. 2017 Sep
- Multicenter inception cohort of enthesitis-related arthritis: variation in disease characteristics and treatment approaches.
- Gmuca S, Xiao R, Brandon TG, Pagnini I, Wright TB, Beukelman T, Morgan EM, Weiss PF Arthritis Res. Ther. 2017 May 19 1 84
- Paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: insights from translational research.
- Wright TB, Punaro M Rheumatology (Oxford) 2017 Apr 56 suppl_1 i24-i31
- Development of a Novel Renal Activity Index of Lupus Nephritis in Children and Young Adults.
- Brunner HI, Bennett MR, Abulaban K, Klein-Gitelman MS, O'Neil KM, Tucker L, Ardoin SP, Rouster-Stevens KA, Onel KB, Singer NG, Anne Eberhard B, Jung LK, Imundo L, Wright TB, Witte D, Rovin BH, Ying J, Devarajan P Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2016 Jul 68 7 1003-11
- Personalized Immunomonitoring Uncovers Molecular Networks that Stratify Lupus Patients.
- Banchereau R, Hong S, Cantarel B, Baldwin N, Baisch J, Edens M, Cepika AM, Acs P, Turner J, Anguiano E, Vinod P, Khan S, Obermoser G, Blankenship D, Wakeland E, Nassi L, Gotte A, Punaro M, Liu YJ, Banchereau J, Rossello-Urgell J, Wright T, Pascual V Cell 2016 Jun 165 6 1548-1550
- Oxidized mitochondrial nucleoids released by neutrophils drive type I interferon production in human lupus.
- Caielli S, Athale S, Domic B, Murat E, Chandra M, Banchereau R, Baisch J, Phelps K, Clayton S, Gong M, Wright T, Punaro M, Palucka K, Guiducci C, Banchereau J, Pascual V J. Exp. Med. 2016 Apr
- Validation of the Lupus Nephritis Clinical Indices in Childhood-Onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Mina R, Abulaban K, Klein-Gitelman MS, Eberhard BA, Ardoin SP, Singer N, Onel K, Tucker L, O'neil K, Wright T, Brooks E, Rouster-Stevens K, Jung L, Imundo L, Rovin B, Witte D, Ying J, Brunner HI Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2016 Feb 68 2 195-202
- Development and retrospective validation of the juvenile spondyloarthritis disease activity (JSpADA) index.
- Weiss PF, Colbert RA, Xiao R, Feudtner C, Beukelman T, Morgan DeWitt E, Pagnini I, Wright TB, Wallace CA Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2014 Jul
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists/Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2016) (2018)
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program Capstone Recognition Award
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013)
- Master Class in Clinical Sciences
Lupus Research Institute (2012)
- Physician Scientist Development Award
American College of Rheumatology (2007)
- Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (2007)
- American College of Rheumatology (2005)