- Texas A&M University (1977), Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas A&M University (1981), Medicine
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Sudden unexpected natural death
- A suicide disguised as a homicide: return to Thor Bridge.
- Prahlow JA, Long S, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1998 Jun 19 2 186-9
- Fatal anaphylaxis due to fire ant stings.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1998 Jun 19 2 137-42
- Sudden death due to obstruction of coronary artery ostium by aortic valve papillary fibroelastoma.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1998 Jun 19 2 162-5
- Ethnic differences in testicular structure and spermatogenic potential may predispose testes of Asian men to a heightened sensitivity to steroidal contraceptives.
- Johnson L, Barnard JJ, Rodriguez L, Smith EC, Swerdloff RS, Wang XH, Wang C J. Androl. 1998 May-Jun 19 3 348-57
- Fatal cardiac perforation.
- Hartnell GG Radiology 1998 May 207 2 551
- Jejunostomy tube failure: malnutrition caused by intraluminal antegrade jejunostomy tube migration.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1998 Apr 79 4 453-5
- Frequency of unilateral and bilateral mesial temporal sclerosis in primary and secondary epilepsy: a forensic autopsy study.
- Rushing EJ, Barnard JJ, Bigio EH, Eagan KP, White CL Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1997 Dec 18 4 335-41
- The implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. A potential hazard for autopsy pathologists.
- Prahlow JA, Guileyardo JM, Barnard JJ Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 1997 Oct 121 10 1076-80
- Cardiac perforation due to Wallstent embolization: a fatal complication of the transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt procedure.
- Prahlow JA, O'Bryant TJ, Barnard JJ Radiology 1997 Oct 205 1 170-2
- Distribution of organosilicon polymers in augmentation mammaplasties at autopsy.
- Barnard JJ, Todd EL, Wilson WG, Mielcarek R, Rohrich RJ Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 1997 Jul 100 1 197-203; discussion 204-5
Forensic Pathology. In Essentials of Anatomic Pathology
Jeffrey J. Barnard, Frank P. Miller, III (2001, 2006, 2015). Totowa, New Jersey, Humana Press
Honors & Awards
- Grant -Postmortem Silicone Distribution Studies
Grantor: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc. (1994-1995)
- Beta Beta Beta Honor Society
- Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award - Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Jones Scholarship at Texas A&M University
- Phi Eta Sigma
Freshman Honor Society
- Scholastic Scholarship at Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Vice-Chairman, Forensic Science Commission (2015)
- Chairman, Rapport Society (2012-2014)
- Commissioner, Forensic Science Commission (2012)
- Treasurer, Rapport Society Texas A&M Health Science Center (2008-2012)
- Board of Directors, United Network For Organ Sharing- ex officio (1997-1999)
- Member of Advisory Council-Southwest Organ Bank (1991)
- Member National Association of Medical Examiners (1987)
- President, Scott and White Residents Associations (1985-1986)
- Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Council of Transplant Services - ex officio
- Vice Chairman of the Texas Forensic Science Commission