- Texas A&M University (1977), Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas A&M University (1981), Medicine
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Sudden unexpected natural death
- Forensic Pathology
- Barnard J, Miller F. Essentials of Anatomic Pathology: A Practical Guide with Emphasis on Diagnostic Criteria and Differential Diagnosis 2001
- Death due to microvascular occlusion in Sickle-Cell Trait following physical exertion
- Wirthwein D, Spotswood S, Barnard J, Prahlow J. Journal of Forensic Sciences 2001 46 399-401
- Death Caused by Tuberculosis in a 1 Year-Old
- Holley, L., Barnard, J., Prahlow, J. ASCP Check Sample 2001 43 2
- Death Due to Anaphylaxis Following Wasp Sting
- Prahlow, J., Barnard, J. ASCP Check Sample 2000 42 1
- Familial filicide and filicide classification.
- Guileyardo JM, Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1999 Sep 20 3 286-92
- Contact gunshot wound of the head: diagnosis after surgical debridement of the wound.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ J Clin Forensic Med 1999 Sep 6 3 156-8
- Death due to thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in pregnancy: case report with review of thrombotic microangiopathies of pregnancy.
- Kemp WL, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1999 Jun 20 2 189-98
- Death due to a ruptured berry aneurysm in a 3.5-year-old child.
- Prahlow JA, Rushing EJ, Barnard JJ Am J Forensic Med Pathol 1998 Dec 19 4 391-4
- Familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections.
- Prahlow JA, Barnard JJ, Milewicz DM J. Forensic Sci. 1998 Nov 43 6 1244-9
- Immersion technique for brain removal in perinatal autopsies.
- Prahlow JA, Ross KF, Salzberger L, Lott EG, Guileyardo JM, Barnard JJ J. Forensic Sci. 1998 Sep 43 5 1056-60
Forensic Pathology. In Essentials of Anatomic Pathology
Jeffrey J. Barnard, Frank P. Miller, III (2001, 2006, 2015). Totowa, New Jersey, Humana Press
Honors & Awards
- Grant -Postmortem Silicone Distribution Studies
Grantor: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc. (1994-1995)
- Beta Beta Beta Honor Society
- Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award - Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Jones Scholarship at Texas A&M University
- Phi Eta Sigma
Freshman Honor Society
- Scholastic Scholarship at Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Vice-Chairman, Forensic Science Commission (2015)
- Chairman, Rapport Society (2012-2014)
- Commissioner, Forensic Science Commission (2012)
- Treasurer, Rapport Society Texas A&M Health Science Center (2008-2012)
- Board of Directors, United Network For Organ Sharing- ex officio (1997-1999)
- Member of Advisory Council-Southwest Organ Bank (1991)
- Member National Association of Medical Examiners (1987)
- President, Scott and White Residents Associations (1985-1986)
- Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Council of Transplant Services - ex officio
- Vice Chairman of the Texas Forensic Science Commission