- Texas A&M University (1977), Medicine
- Medical School
- Texas A&M University (1981), Medicine
- Craniocerebral trauma
- Sudden unexpected natural death
- "Homicide by heart attack" revisited.
- Turner SA, Barnard JJ, Spotswood SD, Prahlow JA J. Forensic Sci. 2004 May 49 3 598-600
- Atrioventricular Node Tumors and Cardiac Conduction System Dissection Made Easy
- Haden, K., Barnard, J., Prahlow, J. ASCP Check Sample 2004 46 6
- Fatal salmonella aortitis with mycotic aneurysm rupture.
- Salzberger LA, Cavuoti D, Barnard J Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2002 Dec 23 4 382-5
- Oeberst JL, Barnard JJ, Bigio EH, Prahlow JA Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2002 Mar 23 1 31-5
- Death resulting from ruptured cerebral artery aneurysm: 219 cases.
- Gonsoulin M, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2002 Mar 23 1 5-14
- Suicide by drowning: a 20-year review.
- Wirthwein DP, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA J. Forensic Sci. 2002 Jan 47 1 131-6
- Death resulting from ruptured cerebral artery aneurysms: 219 cases
- Gonsoulin M, Barnard J, Prahlow J. American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology 2002 23 31-35
- Suicide by drowning
- Wirthwein D, Barnard J, Prahlow J. Journal of Forensic Sciences 2002 47 131-136
- Deaths and injuries from house fires.
- Istre GR, McCoy MA, Osborn L, Barnard JJ, Bolton A N. Engl. J. Med. 2001 Jun 344 25 1911-6
- Death due to microvascular occlusion in sickle-cell trait following physical exertion.
- Wirthwein DP, Spotswood SD, Barnard JJ, Prahlow JA J. Forensic Sci. 2001 Mar 46 2 399-401
Forensic Pathology. In Essentials of Anatomic Pathology
Jeffrey J. Barnard, Frank P. Miller, III (2001, 2006, 2015). Totowa, New Jersey, Humana Press
Honors & Awards
- Grant -Postmortem Silicone Distribution Studies
Grantor: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Inc. (1994-1995)
- Beta Beta Beta Honor Society
- Inaugural Distinguished Alumni Award - Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Jones Scholarship at Texas A&M University
- Phi Eta Sigma
Freshman Honor Society
- Scholastic Scholarship at Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Vice-Chairman, Forensic Science Commission (2015)
- Chairman, Rapport Society (2012-2014)
- Commissioner, Forensic Science Commission (2012)
- Treasurer, Rapport Society Texas A&M Health Science Center (2008-2012)
- Board of Directors, United Network For Organ Sharing- ex officio (1997-1999)
- Member of Advisory Council-Southwest Organ Bank (1991)
- Member National Association of Medical Examiners (1987)
- President, Scott and White Residents Associations (1985-1986)
- Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Board of Dallas Brain Collection of Dept. of Psychiatry UTSW
- Member of Advisory Council of Transplant Services - ex officio
- Vice Chairman of the Texas Forensic Science Commission