Lindsay Horton, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Lindsay Horton, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
She earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. During that training, she completed a one-year Doris Duke research fellowship in which she studied several aspects of optic neuritis. She then completed a neurology residency at UT Southwestern. She completed a two-year neuroimmunology fellowship at the University of Colorado. She also holds a master’s degree in neuroscience from Tulane University. Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Dr. Horton joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Horton is a member of the American Academy of Neurology. She has delivered numerous presentations and published several academic articles related to neuroimmunology. She has a special interest in optic neuritis and MOG antibody-mediated demyelinating disease, as well as in improving access to neurological care for patients in underserved or rural areas.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Neurology
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2019), Neuroimmunology
- Improving access to care
- MOG antibody associated demyelinating disease
- Optic neuritis
- CNS atypical T-cell lymphoproliferative disease following treatment with alemtuzumab.
- Khan M, Ney DE, Kleinschmidt-DeMasters BK, Horton L, Alvarez E, Piquet AL, Neurol Clin Pract 2019 Jun 9 3 273-276
- Acute Management of Optic Neuritis: An Evolving Paradigm.
- Horton L, Bennett JL, J Neuroophthalmol 2018 09 38 3 358-367
- The role of EGFR-Met interactions in the pathogenesis of glioblastoma and resistance to treatment.
- Guo G, Narayan RN, Horton L, Patel TR, Habib AA Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2016 Dec
- Effect of 4-aminopyridine on vision in multiple sclerosis patients with optic neuropathy.
- Horton L, Conger A, Conger D, Remington G, Frohman T, Frohman E, Greenberg B Neurology 2013 Apr
Honors & Awards
- National MS Society Clinical Care Fellowship Award
- Residents and Fellows as Educators Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Doris Duke Fellowship Award
- American Academy of Neurology (2008)
- Texas Medical Association (2008-2013)