Dr. Patel is originally from Chicago, Illinois, and received her initial medical training at the Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St Louis, Missouri. She completed her hematology and medical oncology fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern. Dr. Patel brings to UTSW a strong background in general medical oncology, benign and malignant hematology, and medical education. She currently specializes in bone marrow transplant and malignant hematology. Her clinical practice emphasizes a strong patient-doctor relationship and effective communication. Dr. Patel’s interests outside of medicine include her family, her dog Sophie, travelling, shopping, and trying new restaurants.
- Medical School
- Creighton University School of Medicine (2005)
- Washington University/Barnes Jewish Hospital (2008), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Hematology Oncology
- Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Evolution of 5-fluorouracil-based chemoradiation in the management of rectal cancer.
- Patel PA Anticancer Drugs 2011 Apr 22 4 311-6
- Low Risk 4T Score Can Rule out Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Patel P, Burke C, Matevosyan K, Frenkel E, Sarode R, Shen Y American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting 2009 Abstract 1236
Introduction to Oncology. In Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics: Hematology Oncology Subspecialty Consult Series, 2nd Ed.
Patel P, Wilde T (2008). Philadelphia, Lippincott Williams and Wilkens
- American Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation (2010)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2008)
- American Society of Hematology (2008)