Meagen Salinas, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Meagen Salinas is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. In addition to her faculty appointment at UTSW, Dr. Salinas is the Assistant Section Chief of Neurology at the VA North Texas Health Care System.
Dr. Salinas obtained her medical degree and completed her Neurology residency at UT Southwestern in Dallas with her final year serving as the Academic Chief Resident. She continued on to complete her training with a Movement Disorders fellowship at UTSW. Dr. Salinas has a special interest in movement disorders including Parkinson disease, tremor, dystonia, ataxia, and myoclonus. Her expertise extends into botulinum toxin injections and deep brain stimulation. Dr. Salinas is actively involved in clinical research for the treatment of Parkinson Disease. Dr. Salinas is a certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the international Movement Disorder Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2013)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Movement Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
- Transient akathisia after the SARS-Cov-2 vaccine.
- Salinas MR, Dieppa M, Clin Park Relat Disord 2021 4 100098
- Patient Perceptions and Knowledge of Parkinson Disease and Treatment
- Salinas, M., Chambers, E., Ho, T., Khemani, P., Olson, D. Stutzman, S., Chitnis, S. Clinical Parkinsonism Related Disorders. 2020 3
- Psychosis in Parkinson?s Disease
- Remz M, Salinas M Psychiatric annals 2020 50 3
- Guest Editorial: Psychiatric Disorders in Parkinson?s Disease
- Salinas, M Psychiatric annals 2020 50 3
- Cardiovascular risk: gender differences in lifestyle behaviors and coping strategies
- Martin LA, Critelli JW, Doster JA, Powers C, Purdum M, Doster MR, Lambert PL Int J Behav Med 2013 20 1
Common Programming Strategies for Deep Brain Stimulation. In Deep Brain Stimulation: A Case-Based Approach
Meagen Salinas (2020). United States, Oxford University Press
Honors & Awards
- Academic Chief Resident
UTSW Neurology Residency (2016-2017)
- Best Poster Presentation
27th International Symposium on the Autonomic Nervous System
- Favorite Course- Brain & Behavior
Preclinical Award, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Class of 2022
- Summa Cum Laude
University of North Texas
- BGs DFW Movement Disorders Forum (2019)
- Movement Disorder Society Member (2016)
- American Academy of Neurology (2012)