- Graduate School
- Pennsylvania State Uni (the) (1986), Exercise Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Dyspnea on exertion in obesity
- Exercise physiology
- Pulmonary function in aging
- Pulmonary function in obesity
- Respiratory effects of obesity in children
- Respiratory mechanics at rest and during exercise
- Sports medicine
- Ventilatory limits to performance
- ERS statement on respiratory muscle testing at rest and during exercise.
- Laveneziana P, Albuquerque A, Aliverti A, Babb T, Barreiro E, Dres M, Dubé BP, Fauroux B, Gea J, Guenette JA, Hudson AL, Kabitz HJ, Laghi F, Langer D, Luo YM, Neder JA, O'Donnell D, Polkey MI, Rabinovich RA, Rossi A, Series F, Similowski T, Spengler CM, Vogiatzis I, Verges S, Eur. Respir. J. 2019 06 53 6
- Weight loss reduces dyspnea on exertion and unpleasantness of dyspnea in obese men.
- Bernhardt V, Bhammar DM, Marines-Price R, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2019 Mar 261 55-61
- Dyspnea on exertion provokes unpleasantness and negative emotions in women with obesity.
- Marines-Price R, Bernhardt V, Bhammar DM, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2019 Feb 260 131-136
- Verification of Maximal Oxygen Uptake in Obese and Nonobese Children.
- Bhammar DM, Stickford JL, Bernhardt V, Babb TG Med Sci Sports Exerc 2016 Nov
- Short-term modulation of the ventilatory response to exercise is preserved in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Bernhardt V, Mitchell GS, Lee WY, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2016 Nov 236 42-50
- Effect of weight loss on operational lung volumes and oxygen cost of breathing in obese women.
- Bhammar DM, Stickford JL, Bernhardt V, Babb TG Int J Obes (Lond) 2016 Feb
- Aerobic exercise training without weight loss reduces dyspnea on exertion in obese women.
- Bernhardt V, Stickford JL, Bhammar DM, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2015 Nov 221 64-70
- Weight loss reduces dyspnea on exertion in obese women.
- Bernhardt V, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2014 Sep
Honors & Awards
- American Lung Association Career Investigator Award
- Effie and Wofford Cain Chair in Cardiopulmonary Research
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Physiological Society
- American Thoracic Society
- Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital