- Graduate School
- Penn State University (1986), Exercise Physiology
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Dyspnea on exertion in obesity
- Exercise physiology
- Pulmonary function in aging
- Pulmonary function in obesity
- Respiratory effects of obesity in children
- Respiratory mechanics at rest and during exercise
- Sports medicine
- Ventilatory limits to performance
- Verification of Maximal Oxygen Uptake in Obese and Nonobese Children.
- Bhammar DM, Stickford JL, Bernhardt V, Babb TG Med Sci Sports Exerc 2016 Nov
- Short-term modulation of the ventilatory response to exercise is preserved in obstructive sleep apnea.
- Bernhardt V, Mitchell GS, Lee WY, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2016 Nov 236 42-50
- Effect of weight loss on operational lung volumes and oxygen cost of breathing in obese women.
- Bhammar DM, Stickford JL, Bernhardt V, Babb TG Int J Obes (Lond) 2016 Feb
- Aerobic exercise training without weight loss reduces dyspnea on exertion in obese women.
- Bernhardt V, Stickford JL, Bhammar DM, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2015 Nov 221 64-70
- Weight loss reduces dyspnea on exertion in obese women.
- Bernhardt V, Babb TG Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2014 Sep
Honors & Awards
- American Lung Association Career Investigator Award
- Effie and Wofford Cain Chair in Cardiopulmonary Research
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Physiological Society
- American Thoracic Society
- Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital