Dr. Sreeramoju is passionate about improving healthcare delivery for all patients. She serves currently as Medical Director of Clinical Finance at UT Southwestern Medical Center. In this role, she serves as a bridge between clinical services and financial departments by championing financial efforts to the clinicians and helping financial experts develop strategies that are meaningful from a clinical perspective. Prior to this role, she served as healthcare epidemiologist for 11 years at UT Southwestern and for 3 years at UT Health in San Antonio. She received her fellowship training in infectious diseases at the University of Chicago and an MPH in epidemiology from Tulane University. She is on track to complete an MBA in healthcare organizational leadership from UT Dallas in May 2020. She was awarded Junior Faculty Researcher of the Year in Internal Medicine in 2007 at UT Health San Antonio, and Teacher of the Year in Infectious Diseases in 2011 at UTSW. She has been named as one of the ‘Top 50 leaders in Patient Safety in 2015’ by Becker’s Hospital Review and she is the recipient of Judene Bartley Award for Public Policy and Advocacy in 2015 jointly awarded by the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America and the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology. She has mentored several residents, fellows, and students during her career. Her work has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals. She loves blogging, traveling and reading.
- Medical School
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (1995)
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Tulane University School of Public Health (2000), Epidemiology
- Cook County Hospital (2001), Internal Medicine
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center (2003), Medicine
- University of Illinois at Chicago & University of Chicago (2005), Infectious Diseases
- Clinical Finance
- Epidemiology of Healthcare-Associated Infections
- Healthcare Delivery Improvement
- Emergency Department Testing Patterns for Sexually Transmitted Diseases in North Texas.
- Barnes A, Jetelina KK, Betts AC, Mendoza T, Sreeramoju P, Tiro JA, Sex Transm Dis 2019 Mar
- Reducing Infections "Together": A Review of Socioadaptive Approaches.
- Sreeramoju P Open Forum Infect Dis 2019 Feb 6 2 ofy348
- Recent advances in understanding the epidemiology of healthcare-associated infections.
- Sreeramoju P F1000Res 2019 8
- Using a Positive Deviance Approach to Influence the Culture of Patient Safety Related to Infection Prevention.
- Sreeramoju P, Dura L, Fernandez ME, Minhajuddin A, Simacek K, Fomby TB, Doebbeling BN Open Forum Infect Dis 2018 Oct 5 10 ofy231
- Healthcare Personnel Relationships Related to Coordination of Catheter Care.
- Sreeramoju PV, Connally RC Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2018 Jan 1-2
- Tuberculosis Patients Who Are A Potential Source for Unprotected Exposure in Health Care Systems: A Multicenter Case Control Study.
- Cadena J, Castro-Pena NA, Javeri H, Hernandez B, Michalek J, Arzola AF, Shroff M, Jinadatha C, Valero G, Bowling J, Przykucki J, Adams M, Jorgensen J, Patterson JE, Sreeramoju P Open Forum Infect Dis 2017 4 4 ofx201
- Hospital-Onset Bloodstream Infection Rates After Discontinuing Active Surveillance Cultures for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a Regional Burn Center.
- Drum BE, Collinsworth K, Arnoldo BD, Sreeramoju PV Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016 Dec 1-2
- Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections in Patients on Emergent Hemodialysis.
- Rojas-Moreno CA, Spiegel D, Yalamanchili V, Kuo E, Quinones H, Sreeramoju PV, Luby JP Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2015 Nov 1-5
- Quality Improvement of Staphylococcus aureus Bacteremia Management and Predictors of Relapse-Free Survival.
- Townsend J, Pelletier J, Peterson G, Matulevicius S, Sreeramoju P Am. J. Med. 2015 Oct
- Surveillance of patients identified with fungal mold at a public academic medical center.
- Patwari P, Cutrell J, Bhaskaran A, Trevino S, Sreeramoju P Am J Infect Control 2014 May
Aspiration Pneumonia. In Healthcare-Associated Infections: A Case Based Approach to Diagnosis and Management, 1st ed.
Sreeramoju P (2012). New York, Oxford University Press
Regulatory issues concerning healthcare epidemiology and infection prevention. In Practical Healthcare Epidemiology. 4th Edition
Sreeramoju P, Weber SG (2017). Alexandria, VA, The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
Airborne Isolation Precautions: PAPR-Only Approach. In Controversies in Infection Prevention. 1st Edition
Sreeramoju P, Cadena J. (2017). New York, NY, Springer Publishing
Honors & Awards
- IDSA Member Spotlight in January 2017
The IDSA features 1-2 accomplished members on its website every month. (2017)
- Judene Bartley Award for Public Policy and Advocacy
Association for Professionals in Infections Control and Epidemiology and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (2015)
- Top 50 Leaders in Patient Safety
Becker's Hospital Review (2015)
- Featured in Women in Medicine series in the Dallas Medical Journal
Each year, the Dallas County Medical Society profiles 3-4 women physicians in Dallas County. (2014)
- Division of Medicine-Infectious Diseases Teaching Award of the Year
This award is given by the outgoing class of Infectious Diseases fellows at UT Southwestern every year to a faculty member they thought contributed most to their learning during their fellowship. (2011)
- Department of Internal Medicine Award for Outstanding Research by Junior Faculty
The study was on the epidemiology of acute hepatitis B at a public healthcare system at UT Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX (2007)
- National Quality Forum (2016)
- The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (2015)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2008)
- Texas Infectious Diseases Society (2005)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2003)