As a faculty member since 2008, Dr. Amit Mehta spends his clinical time caring for hospitalized patients at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas. He is passionate about quality improvement and system-based care. This specific interest and experience have led to his inclusion on the Event Investigation Oversight Committee, Quality & Patient Safety Committee, Inpatient Operations Governance Council, and the Utilization Management Committee. He has previously served as Chief of Inpatient Services, and current provides physician oversight for the Access Center for Children’s Health System of Texas.
Dr. Mehta is also dedicated to medical education and contributes substantially to the clinical education of trainees in his role as teaching faculty. He was nominated for the UT Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT) Medical Student Outstanding Teacher Award in 2015. He seeks to combine his primary interests, cost-effective care and resource management, with his passion for education in order to train the next generation of doctors in the concept of high value care.
- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (2005)
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (2006), Pediatrics
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine (2008), Pediatrics
- Clinical Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Patient throughput
- Quality Improvement
- Systems Improvement
- Inpatient Bronchiolitis Guideline Implementation and Resource Utilization.
- Mittal V, Darnell C, Walsh B, Mehta A, Badawy M, Morse R, Pop R, Tidwell J, Sheehan M, McDermott S, Cannon C, Kahn J Pediatrics 2014 Feb
- Pediatric renal abscess: a 10-year single-center retrospective analysis.
- Seguias L, Srinivasan K, Mehta A Hosp Pediatr 2012 Jul 2 3 161-6
- Serial determination of glomerular filtration rate in conscious mice using FITC-inulin clearance.
- Qi Z, Whitt I, Mehta A, Jin J, Zhao M, Harris RC, Fogo AB, Breyer MD Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2004 Mar 286 3 F590-6
- olig2 is required for zebrafish primary motor neuron and oligodendrocyte development.
- Park HC, Mehta A, Richardson JS, Appel B Dev. Biol. 2002 Aug 248 2 356-68
Honors & Awards
- SWAT Nominee for Outstanding Teacher Award, Medical Student Category
- Extra Mile Award
University of Tennessee, Department of Pediatrics (2008)
- Blanche Huls Scholarship
University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (2004)
- Academic Pediatric Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2005)
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Section on Hospital Medicine (2009)
- American Medical Association (2001-2011)
- Dallas County Medical Association (2009)
- Society of Hospitalist Medicine (2009)
- Texas Medical Association (2009)