Originally from Mexico City, Dr. Dominguez holds a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University ofTexas-Pan American in Edinburg, Texas, now known as the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. He holds a master's degree in clinical psychology from St. Mary's University of San Antonio. He earned his medical degree at UT Health Science Center in Houston. He completed internal medicine residency training at Weill Cornell-Methodist Hospital in Houston followed by a fellowship in nephrology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, Dr. Dominguez joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2013.
Dr. Dominguez is a member of the American Society of Nephrology.
Dr. Dominguez is fluent in Spanish.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Internal Medicine
- Houston Methodist Hospital (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Nephrology
- Acute kidney injury
- Renal manifestations of multiple myeloma
- Be mindful of effective osmoles when instituting therapy for re-establishment of eunatremia
- Dominguez, M American Society of Nephrology 2019 Kidney Week Abstract Supplement 2019
- Efficacy of 3% saline vs. conivaptan in achieving hyponatremia treatment goals.
- Dominguez M, Perez JA, Patel CB Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 2013 Jan-Mar 9 1 49-53
- TMK/GFR as a measure of renal potassium handling National Kidney
- Dominguez M, Huang CL, Hedayati SA 2013
Honors & Awards
- Consultant of the Year
UT Southwestern Emergency Medicine Residency (2015)
- Recognition Award
Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston (2006)
- American Society of Nephrology (2011)