- Stephen F Austin State Univers (1997), Biology
- Graduate School
- Stephen F Austin State Univers (1999), Biochemistry
- Medical School
- Univ of Texas Health Science C (2004), Medicine
- GI pathology, molecular diagnostics
- Frequent occurrence of gastritis and duodenitis in patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Sonnenberg A, Melton SD, Genta RM Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2011 Jan 17 1 39-44
- Gastric cardiac polyps: a clinicopathologic study of 330 cases.
- Melton SD, Genta RM Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2010 Dec 34 12 1792-7
- Biomarkers and molecular diagnosis of gastrointestinal and pancreatic neoplasms.
- Melton SD, Genta RM, Souza RF Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010 Nov 7 11 620-8
- Acid and bile salt-induced CDX2 expression differs in esophageal squamous cells from patients with and without Barrett's esophagus.
- Huo X, Zhang HY, Zhang XI, Lynch JP, Strauch ED, Wang JY, Melton SD, Genta RM, Wang DH, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Gastroenterology 2010 Jul 139 1 194-203.e1
- Malignant transformation of non-neoplastic Barrett's epithelial cells through well-defined genetic manipulations.
- Zhang X, Yu C, Wilson K, Zhang HY, Melton SD, Huo X, Wang DH, Genta RM, Spechler SJ, Souza RF PLoS ONE 2010 5 9
Honors & Awards
- McGovern (UT Houston) Medical School Alumni Association
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program Graduate
The LEAD Program is designed for junior faculty who aspire to develop their leadership skills. Curriculum includes modules in self-discovery, communication, influence, negotiation, difficult conversations, inspiring trust, and embracing diversity. (2014)
- North Texas Society of Pathology
- ACG Presidential Poster Award
American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, San Antonio, TX. (2010)
- First Place, Poster Competition
25th Annual John R. Rainey, MD, Residents'/Fellows' Seminar. 89th Annual Meeting for the Texas Society of Pathologists, Galveston, TX (2010)
- GIPS Abstract Award
Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal Pathology Society, 99th Annual Meeting for the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Washington, DC. (2010)
- Association for Molecular Pathology: Nominating Committee - Solid Tumor Subdivision Representative (2017-2019)
- VA North Texas Health Care System (2010)
- Association for Molecular Pathology: Professional Relations Committee (2008-2018)