- Stephen F Austin State Uni (1997), Biology
- Graduate School
- Stephen F Austin State Uni (1999), Biochemistry
- Medical School
- Univ of Tx Health Science Ctr (2004), Medicine
- GI pathology, molecular diagnostics
- Copper Metabolism Domain-containing 1 Represses Genes that Promote Inflammation and Protects Mice From Colitis and Colitis-associated Cancer.
- Li H, Chan L, Bartuzi P, Melton SD, Weber A, Ben-Shlomo S, Varol C, Raetz M, Mao X, Starokadomskyy P, van Sommeren S, Mokadem M, Schneider H, Weisberg R, Westra HJ, Esko T, Metspalu A, Kumar V, Faubion WA, Yarovinsky F, Hofker M, Wijmenga C, Kracht M, Franke L, Aguirre V, Weersma RK, Gluck N, van de Sluis B, Burstein E Gastroenterology 2014 Apr
- A Molecular Diagnostic Perfect Storm: The Convergence of Regulatory & Reimbursement Forces that Threaten Patient Access to Innovations in Genomic Medicine
- Victoria M. Pratt, Dara L. Aisner, Stephen P. Day, Loren Joseph, Shelby D. Melton, Paul G. Rothberg, Daniel E. Sabath, and Mary Steele Williams 2014
- Histopathologic diagnosis of eosinophilic conditions in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Hurrell JM, Genta RM, Melton SD Adv Anat Pathol 2011 Sep 18 5 335-48
- Laparoscopic ischemic conditioning of the stomach increases neovascularization of the gastric conduit in patients undergoing esophagectomy for cancer.
- Pham TH, Melton SD, McLaren PJ, Mokdad AA, Huerta S, Wang DH, Perry KA, Hardaker HL, Dolan JP J Surg Oncol 2017 May
- Clinical Implications of Histologic Abnormalities in Ileocolonic Biopsies of Patients With Crohn's Disease in Remission.
- Brennan GT, Melton SD, Spechler SJ, Feagins LA J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2016 Feb
- Autocrine VEGF Signaling Promotes Proliferation of Neoplastic Barrett's Epithelial Cells Through a PLC-Dependent Pathway.
- Zhang Q, Yu C, Peng S, Xu H, Wright E, Zhang X, Huo X, Cheng E, Pham TH, Asanuma K, Hatanpaa KJ, Rezai D, Wang DH, Sarode V, Melton S, Genta RM, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Gastroenterology 2013 Oct
- Clinical implications of histologic abnormalities in colonic biopsy specimens from patients with ulcerative colitis in clinical remission.
- Feagins LA, Melton SD, Iqbal R, Dunbar KB, Spechler SJ Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2013 Jun 19 7 1477-82
- Eosinophilic gastritis: histopathological characterization and quantification of the normal gastric eosinophil content.
- Lwin T, Melton SD, Genta RM Mod. Pathol. 2011 Apr 24 4 556-63
- Ileal biopsy: Clinical indications, endoscopic and histopathologic findings in 10,000 patients.
- Melton SD, Feagins LA, Saboorian MH, Genta RM Dig Liver Dis 2011 Mar 43 3 199-203
- Absence of focally enhanced gastritis in macaques with idiopathic colitis.
- Sonnenberg A, Melton SD, Genta RM, Lewis AD Inflammatory bowel diseases 2011 Mar
Honors & Awards
- McGovern (UT Houston) Medical School Alumni Association
- Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments (LEAD) Program Graduate
The LEAD Program is designed for junior faculty who aspire to develop their leadership skills. Curriculum includes modules in self-discovery, communication, influence, negotiation, difficult conversations, inspiring trust, and embracing diversity. (2014)
- North Texas Society of Pathology
- ACG Presidential Poster Award
American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, San Antonio, TX. (2010)
- First Place, Poster Competition
25th Annual John R. Rainey, MD, Residents'/Fellows' Seminar. 89th Annual Meeting for the Texas Society of Pathologists, Galveston, TX (2010)
- GIPS Abstract Award
Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal Pathology Society, 99th Annual Meeting for the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Washington, DC. (2010)
- Association for Molecular Pathology: Nominating Committee - Solid Tumor Subdivision Representative (2017-2019)
- VA North Texas Health Care System (2010)
- Association for Molecular Pathology: Professional Relations Committee (2008-2018)