Erica Chu, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in geriatric medicine, including inpatient models of care for older adults, interdisciplinary geriatrics care, and frailty.
Dr. Chu earned her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine. She completed a residency in internal medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and received advanced training through a geriatric medicine fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Board certified in internal medicine and geriatric medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
Dr. Chu serves as the Associate Medical Director of the Acute Care for Elders (ACE) Unit at UTSW’s William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital. She is a member of the American Geriatrics Society and has delivered numerous lectures and presentations.
In 2020, she received Weill Cornell Medicine’s Joachim Silbermann Family Clinical Scholar Award.
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (2012)
- New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Hospital/Icahn School of Medicine (2017), Geriatric Medicine
- Acute Care of Hospitalized Older Adults
- Interdisciplinary Care
- Medical Education
Chapter 30, Patient Preference, Prognosis, and Decision-Making in Screening and Treatment; p. 371-76.. In Geriatric Practice: A Competency Based Approach to Caring for Older Adults. 1st ed.
Chu, E. (2020). New York, NY, Springer Nature Switzerland AG
Honors & Awards
- Joachim Silbermann Family Clinical Scholar Award
Academic honor awarded to junior faculty to promote clinical care, education, and research (2020)
- Metropolitan Area Geriatrics Society (2018-2021)
- American Geriatrics Society (2015)