Dr. Song is originally from China and completed her medical school, Internal Medicine residency and Endocrinology fellowship at the UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Her clinical interests include osteoporosis, osteopenia, calcium disorders, parathyroid disorders and kidney stones. Dr. Song’s interests outside of medicine include her traveling, cooking, hiking, taekwondo and spending time with her family.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition
- Glucocorticoid-responsive lymphocytic parathyroiditis and hypocalciuric hypercalcemia due to autoantibodies against the calcium-sensing receptor: a case report and literature review.
- Song L, Liu L, Miller RT, Yan SX, Jackson N, Holt SA, Maalouf NM Eur. J. Endocrinol. 2017 Jul 177 1 K1-K6
- Premature coronary heart disease and autosomal dominant hypercholesterolemia: Increased risk in women with LDLR mutations.
- Ahmad Z, Li X, Wosik J, Mani P, Petr J, McLeod G, Murad S, Song L, Adams-Huet B, Garg A J Clin Lipidol 2016 Jan-Feb 10 1 101-108.e3
- Role of Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans in glutathione catabolism.
- Chu L, Xu X, Su J, Song L, Lai Y, Dong Z, Cappelli D Oral Microbiol. Immunol. 2009 Jun 24 3 236-42
- A 52-kDa leucyl aminopeptidase from treponema denticola is a cysteinylglycinase that mediates the second step of glutathione metabolism.
- Chu L, Lai Y, Xu X, Eddy S, Yang S, Song L, Kolodrubetz D J. Biol. Chem. 2008 Jul 283 28 19351-8
- HIV-1 disease-influencing effects associated with ZNRD1, HCP5 and HLA-C alleles are attributable mainly to either HLA-A10 or HLA-B*57 alleles.
- Catano G, Kulkarni H, He W, Marconi VC, Agan BK, Landrum M, Anderson S, Delmar J, Telles V, Song L, Castiblanco J, Clark RA, Dolan MJ, Ahuja SK PLoS ONE 2008 3 11 e3636
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Achievement in Teaching and Research
Fellowship Award, UT Southwestern (2017)
- Chief Fellow, Division of Endocrinology
UT Southwestern (2016-2017)
- Outstanding Achievement in Patient Care
Fellowship Award, UT Southwestern (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2011)
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research (2017)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (2016)
- The Endocrine Society (2016)