Danna Qunibi, M.D., M.B.O.E., is a Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Physician and the Chief Operational Excellence Officer for UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children's Medical Center Dallas (Joint Pediatric Enterprise).
Dr. Qunibi's educational journey commenced at UT Southwestern Medical Center, where she earned her medical degree. She further advanced her skills in pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, followed by a fellowship in pediatric critical care medicine at Northwestern/Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital.
Throughout her career, Dr. Qunibi has maintained a deep commitment to improving patient care processes while prioritizing the delivery of high-quality, efficient care to children and their families. Her impressive achievements include spearheading the development of a pediatric outreach program, earning a Master of Business in Operational Excellence, and achieving black belt certification in Lean Six Sigma. She strongly believes in the value of operational improvements within healthcare, recognizing the pivotal role that frontline clinician leadership plays in facilitating transformative change.
In her role at UT Southwestern and Children's Dallas, Dr. Qunibi has championed collaborative efforts between frontline staff and leadership to enhance patient flow and discharge readiness. Her lean methodological approach, characterized by thorough current state assessments, value stream mapping, and soliciting input from both patients and employees, has been instrumental in identifying constraints and facilitating the design of transformative plans with effective countermeasures. Notably, her efforts have already yielded promising results in the optimization of discharge processes, benefiting patients and healthcare providers alike.
Dr. Qunibi’s distinctive blend of clinical and operational expertise positions her as a uniquely effective healthcare operations leader, capable of driving positive change and improving the quality of care for the benefit of patients and their families.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2012)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2015), Pediatrics
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Program (2018), Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Building Inpatient Pediatric Readiness for the Clinically Deteriorating Child.
- Qunibi DW, Dudas RA, Auerbach M, Abulebda K, McDaniel CE, Hosp Pediatr 2022 Feb 12 2 e89-e92
- A method for isolation and identification of urinary biomarkers in patients with diabetic nephropathy.
- Fisher WG, Lucas JE, Mehdi UF, Qunibi DW, Garner HR, Rosenblatt KP, Toto RD, Proteomics Clin Appl 2011 Dec 5 11-12 603-12
- AAP Subcommittee on Pediatric Readiness (2020)
- Academy of Pediatrics, Section on Critical Care Medicine (2015)
- Inpatient PI Leader, IMPACTs (2020)
- PERCUSS Pediatric Critical Care Ultrasound (2020)
- SCCM Simulation and Education Committee (2020)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2015)