At Children’s Medical Center Dallas, Dr. Becker (née Grollman) provides consultation and liaison services to families receiving care in the Cystic Fibrosis Care and Teaching Center. She is board certified in clinical child and adolescent psychology and provides a full range of psychological services to families from diagnosis through adulthood. Services include both inpatient and outpatient diagnostic assessment and intervention with the following:
- Adherence to medical/treatment regimens
- Adjustment to illness
- Behavioral or mood issues
- End-of-life issues
- Family stress
- Health promotion
- Mental health and wellness
- Transition to adult health care
- Treatment-related distress and fatigue
- Pain and anxiety management
- Parenting for children with chronic illness
Dr. Becker is also trained in general child clinical issues (such as behavior concerns, anxiety, and depression), as well as in adult health psychology. She has a particular interest in pediatric palliative care and end-of-life issues. She also provides services for families in the pulmonary and allergy/immunology clinics on a limited basis.
- George Washington University (1998), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Franklin University (2002), Psychology
- Graduate School
- Franklin University (2005), Psychology
- Chronic medical Illness
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pediatric palliative Care
- Transition from pediatric to adult medical care
- Changes in parents after the death of a child from cancer.
- Gilmer MJ, Foster TL, Vannatta K, Barrera M, Davies B, Dietrich MS, Fairclough DL, Grollman J, Gerhardt CA, J Pain Symptom Manage 2012 Oct 44 4 572-82
- Longitudinal evaluation of a pediatric palliative care educational workshop for oncology fellows.
- Gerhardt CA, Grollman JA, Baughcum AE, Young-Saleme T, Stefanik R, Klopfenstein KJ J Palliat Med 2009 Apr 12 4 323-8
- Impact of maternal breast cancer on the peer interactions of children at school.
- Vannatta K, Grollman JA, Noll RB, Gerhardt CA Psychooncology 2008 Mar 17 3 252-9
- American Psychological Association (1998)
- Society for Pediatric Psychology (2009)
- Texas Psychological Association (2019)