Dr. Zhang joined the department of Clinical Sciences in September, 2007. He previously was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Zhang’s scientific research interest lies in Bayesian statistical methods and their application in longitudinal and survival data analysis, high-throughput data analysis, disease mapping, adaptive design for clinical trials and missing data imputation. He earned a Doctorate in statistics from the University of Missouri-Columbia. Dr. Zhang received a master’s degree in Econometrics, as well as a bachelor’s degree in Management of Information System from Xiamen University, China.
|Graduate School||Xiamen University - China , Econometrics|
|Graduate School||University of Missouri-Columbia (2005), Statistics|
- Bayesian statistical methods
- Clinical trial design
- Longitudinal and survival data analysis
- Missing data methods
- Calculating sample size in trials using historical controls.
- Zhang S, Cao J, Ahn C Clin Trials 2010 Aug 7 4 343-53
- A Bayesian semiparametric survival model with longitudinal markers.
- Zhang S, Müller P, Do KA Biometrics 2010 Jun 66 2 435-43
- GO-Bayes: Gene Ontology-based overrepresentation analysis using a Bayesian approach.
- Zhang S, Cao J, Kong YM, Scheuermann RH Bioinformatics 2010 Apr 26 7 905-11
- Effects of correlation and missing data on sample size estimation in longitudinal clinical trials.
- Zhang S, Ahn C Pharm Stat 2010 Jan-Mar 9 1 2-9
- Seizure Localization Using Broadband EEG: Comparison of Conventional Frequency Activity, High-Frequency Oscillations, and Infraslow Activity.
- Modur PN, Vitaz TW, Zhang S J Clin Neurophysiol 2012 Aug 29 4 309-19
- Sample size calculation for time-averaged differences in the presence of missing data.
- Zhang S, Ahn C Contemp Clin Trials 2012 May 33 3 550-6
- Osteoporotic fracture risk associated with cumulative exposure to tenofovir and other antiretroviral agents.
- Bedimo R, Maalouf NM, Zhang S, Drechsler H, Tebas P AIDS 2012 Apr 26 7 825-31
- Age does not impact risk for urethroplasty complications after tubularized incised plate repair of hypospadias in prepubertal boys.
- Bush NC, Holzer M, Zhang S, Snodgrass W Journal of pediatric urology 2012 Apr
- Aesthetic subunit of the breast: an analysis of women's preference and clinical implications.
- Bailey SH, Saint-Cyr M, Oni G, Maia M, Andry D, Shirvani A, Nguyen V, Wong C, Zhang S, Leitch AM, Euhus D, Rao R, Rohrich R Ann Plast Surg 2012 Mar 68 3 240-5
- Modestly Increased Use of Colonoscopy When Copayments Are Waived.
- Khatami S, Xuan L, Roman R, Zhang S, McConnel C, Halm EA, Gupta S Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association 2012 Mar
Honors & Awards
- Early Career Researcher and Postgraduate travel awards
International Society for Bayesian Analysis (2008)
- Graduate Professional Council Travel Scholarship
University of Missouri-Columbia (2004)
- Outstanding Performance in Doctoral Exams
Department of Statistics, University of Missouri-Columbia (2003)
- Excellent Student Award
Xiamen University, China (1999)
- Third Prize
College Student Science and Technology Thesis Competition, Fujian, China (1998)
- Eastern North American Region (ENAR) of the International Biometric Society (IBS)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- The American Statistical Association