Dr. Gore received her M.D. degree from the Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, Romania. After graduating from a 5-year combined Internal Medicine residency and fellowship program in Europe, including training in Romania and Austria, she completed Internal Medicine and Cardiology training at UT Southwestern on the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Research Pathway. During the research years of her Cardiology fellowship, she also graduated with a Master of Science in Clinical Science degree from UT Southwestern. Dr. Gore joined the cardiology faculty at UT Southwestern in July 2014. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology and Echocardiography.
- Medical School
- Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacia Carol Davila (2001)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Cardiology
- Cardiovascular biomarkers for risk assessment and diagnosis
- Cardiovascular disease prevention in patients with diabetes
- Clinical outcome trials for cardiovascular disease prevention
- Epidemiology of heart disease risk factors in adolescents
- Predicting cardiovascular risk in type 2 diabetes: the heterogeneity challenges.
- Gore MO, McGuire DK, Lingvay I, Rosenstock J Curr Cardiol Rep 2015 Jul 17 7 607
- High prevalence of elevated haemoglobin A1C among adolescent blood donors: Results from a voluntary screening programme including 31,546 adolescents.
- Gore MO, Eason SJ, Ayers CR, Turer AT, Khera A, de Lemos JA, McGuire DK, Sayers M Diab Vasc Dis Res 2015 Jul 12 4 272-8
- Age- and sex-dependent upper reference limits for the high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T assay.
- Gore MO, Seliger SL, Defilippi CR, Nambi V, Christenson RH, Hashim IA, Hoogeveen RC, Ayers CR, Sun W, McGuire DK, Ballantyne CM, de Lemos JA J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014 Apr 63 14 1441-8
- Glycated hemoglobin in 14,850 adolescent blood donors: a pilot screening program.
- Gore MO, Eason SJ, Ayers CR, Turer A, Khera A, de Lemos JA, McGuire DK, Sayers M Diabetes Care 2014 Jan 37 1 e3-4
- Symmetrical dimethylarginine predicts mortality in the general population: observations from the Dallas heart study.
- Gore MO, Lüneburg N, Schwedhelm E, Ayers CR, Anderssohn M, Khera A, Atzler D, de Lemos JA, Grant PJ, McGuire DK, Böger RH Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2013 Nov 33 11 2682-8
- Diabetes mellitus and trends in hospital survival after myocardial infarction, 1994 to 2006: data from the national registry of myocardial infarction.
- Gore MO, Patel MJ, Kosiborod M, Parsons LS, Khera A, de Lemos JA, Rogers WJ, Peterson ED, Canto JC, McGuire DK Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2012 Nov 5 6 791-7
- Drugs for type 2 diabetes mellitus: the imperative for cardiovascular outcome assessment.
- Gore MO, McGuire DK Diab Vasc Dis Res 2012 Apr 9 2 85-8
- Diabetes mellitus in patients with myocardial infarction complicated by heart failure: a 'low ejection fraction' equivalent?
- Gore MO, Masoudi FA, McGuire DK Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2010 Nov 12 11 1156-8
- Cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus: regulating glucose and regulating drugs.
- Gore MO, McGuire DK Curr Cardiol Rep 2009 Jul 11 4 258-63
- The 10-year post-trial follow-up of the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS): cardiovascular observations in context.
- Gore MO, McGuire DK Diab Vasc Dis Res 2009 Jan 6 1 53-5
Hyperglycaemia in Acute Coronary Syndromes. In Evidence-based Management of Diabetes
Gore MO, Kosiborod M, McGuire DK (2012). Castle Hill Barns, Harley, Shrewsbury, United Kingdom, tfm Publishing Ltd.
Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease. In Preventive Cardiology: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease
Gore MO, Inzucchi SE, McGuire DK (2011). Philadelphia, PA, Elsevier Inc.
Honors & Awards
- Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Excellence
American Heart Association (2013)
- Training Grant, Department of Cardiology, Vienna General Hospital, Austria
Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Arts and Culture (2003)
- American Society of Echocardiography (2015)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2014)
- American College of Cardiology (2013)
- American Heart Association (2013)