Tiffany Kindratt, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physician Assistant Studies in the School of Health Professions. She serves as Director of Research for the PA program and mentors PA students, as well as other medical learners, on how to conduct research projects. Ms. Kindratt has over eight years of experience working with students on conducting public health research projects in the community as well as using national data.
In addition to teaching and medical curriculum evaluation, her research interests include evaluating health literacy, preventive services uptake and other racial and ethnic health disparities using community-based participatory research and national survey methodologies.
She expects to obtain her PhD in Epidemiology from the UT School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus in August 2018.
- University of Texas-Austin (2004), Psychology
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2009), Public Health
- Community-based participatory research
- Health communication
- Health disparities
- Health literacy
- Medical education and training
- Preventive services uptake
- Quality improvement
- Community action research track: Community-based participatory research and service-learning experiences for medical students.
- Gimpel N, Kindratt T, Dawson A, Pagels P Perspect Med Educ 2018 Jan
- Community action research experience (CARE): training family physicians in community based participatory research.
- Gimpel N, Pagels P, Kindratt T Educ Prim Care 2017 Feb 1-6
- Disparities in Chronic Disease Prevalence Among Non-Hispanic Whites: Heterogeneity Among Foreign-Born Arab and European Americans.
- Dallo FJ, Kindratt TB J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2015 Nov
- 'Don't Be Scared': Demystifying Statistics in Postgraduate Medical Education.
- Kindratt T, Raza A, Anderson J, Evans DJ, Gimpel N Educ Prim Care 2015 Jan 26 1 53-54
- Training Family Medicine Residents in Effective Communication Skills While Utilizing Promotoras as Standardized Patients in OSCEs: A Health Literacy Curriculum.
- Pagels P, Kindratt T, Arnold D, Brandt J, Woodfin G, Gimpel N Int J Family Med 2015 2015 129187
- Disparities in Vaccinations and Cancer Screening Among U.S.- and Foreign-Born Arab and European American Non-Hispanic White Women.
- Dallo FJ, Kindratt TB. Womens Health Issues 2015 1 25 56-62
- Reaching the underserved through community-based participatory research and service learning: description and evaluation of a unique medical student training program.
- Dehaven MJ, Gimpel NE, Dallo FJ, Billmeier TM J Public Health Manag Pract 2011 Jul-Aug 17 4 363-8
- Adolescent - Perceived Maternal Relationship during Adolescence and Pap Smears during Young Adulthood
- Tiffany B. Kindratt and Jennifer M. Reingle Gonzalez The Journal of Adolescent and Family Health 2018 1 9 3-25
- Efficacy of dietary interventions in end-stage renal disease patients; a systematic review.
- Nazar CM, Bojerenu MM, Safdar M, Ahmed A, Akhtar MH, Kindratt TB J Nephropharmacol 2016 5 1 28-40
- Establishing the Need for Family Medicine Training in Intimate Partner Violence Screening.
- Pagels P, Kindratt TB, Reyna G, Lam K, Silver M, Gimpel NE J Community Health 2014 Oct