University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China B.S.
Institute of Biophysics Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China M.S.
Yale University, New Haven, CT M.Phil
Yale University, New Haven, CT PhD
Yale University, New Haven, CT Postdoc
Rockefeller University, New York, NY Postdoc
|Graduate School||Yale University (2002)|
- Lipid dependent gating effects on voltage-gated ion channels, both structure and function, and their relation to human diseases, especially neulogical diseases.
- New surface engineering technology for single molecule imaging by cryoEM, and structure determination of molecular complexes of 150-400 kDa in mass and/or of low abundance.
- Structural basis of a ligand-gated calcium release channel
- Structural basis for the prion-like MAVS filaments in antiviral innate immunity
- Hui Xu, Xiaojing He, Hui Zheng, Zhiheng Yu, Brian Borkowski, Xuewu Zhang*, Zhijian J. Chen* and Qiu-Xing Jiang* eLife 2014 Feb 3 e01489
- Chemically functionalized carbon films for single molecule imaging.
- Llaguno MC, Xu H, Shi L, Huang N, Zhang H, Liu Q, Jiang QX J. Struct. Biol. 2014 Jan
- Lipid-dependent gating of a voltage-gated ion channel
- Hui Zheng, Weiran Liu, Lingyan Anderson, and Qiu-Xing Jiang Nature Comm. 2011 2 250
- Antibacterial membrane attach by a pore-forming C-type lectin.
- Sohini Mukherjee, Hui Zheng, Mehabaw Derebe, Keith Callenberg, Carrie L. Partch, Darcy Rollins, Daniel C. Propheter, Josep Rizo, Michael Grabe, Qiu-Xing Jiang*, and Lora V. Hooper*. Nature 2014 7481 505 103-107
- Prevalent mechanism of membrane bridging by synaptotagmin-1.
- Seven AB, Brewer KD, Shi L, Jiang QX, Rizo J Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013 Aug 110 34 E3243-52
- Vibrio effector protein, VopQ, forms a lysosomal gated channel that disrupts host ion homeostasis and autophagic flux.
- Sreelatha A, Bennett TL, Zheng H, Jiang QX, Orth K, Starai VJ Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013 Jun
- Reconstitution of a Kv channel into lipid membranes for structural and functional studies.
- Lee S, Zheng H, Shi L, Jiang QX J Vis Exp 2013 77 e50436
- The influence of lipids on the voltage-gated ion channels
- Qiu-Xing Jiang and Tamir Gonen Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol 2012 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sbi.2012.03.009
- Phase Transitions in the Assembly of Multi-Valent Signaling Proteins.
- Pilong Li, Sudeep Banjade, Hui-Chun Cheng, Soyeon Kim, Stone Chen, Liong Guo, Marc Llaguno, Javoris V. Hollingsworth, David S. King, Salman F. Banani, Paul S. Russo, Qiu-Xing Jiang, B. Tracy Nixon, and Michael K. Rosen Nature 2012 483 336-340
- Structural insights into the activation of RIG-I, a nanosensor for viral RNAs
- Qiu-Xing Jiang and Zhijian J. Chen EMBO Rep 2011 13 1 7-8
CryoEM study of ion channels. In Handbook of Ion Channels
Qiu-Xing Jiang and Liang Shi (2014, in press). New York, CRC press
Honors & Awards
- National Innovative Research Award
- Travel Award for Junior Faculty
GRC Molecular and Cellular Biology of Lipids. (2011)
- EUREKA award
NIH for unconventional research (2009)
- Endowed Scholarship
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007)
- University Fellowship
Yale University (1995)
- American Chemical Scoeity (2012)
- American Heart Association (2012)
- Biophysical Society (1998)